mcelwajy

Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Eddie Bauer
Hey guys

Couple of questions.

Thinking about running seafoam through the X and I'm nervous.

I have no leaks, I don't burn anything, etc etc....everything seems to be in tip top shape just sluggish. I do have exhaust leaks which I am anxious to find, and hoping seafoam will let me do just that.
I've read damn near every post I can find as well as read numerous google results about seafoam. So here is my question(s)

I understand the procedure for introducing it via vacuum lines and the fuel system. Has anyone had any issues arise from the use such as leaks or burn off?

Will I notice anything once I burn out all of the seafoam?

Basically, what can you guys tell me about it? I've never used it before and am actually quite skeptical. Let me know your $0.02

Thanks guys

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How I love Seafoam :)

You should notice a smother, lower idle and a bit more pep.

I never had any side effects from using Seafoam. It will definately help you find any exhaust leaks. When you go to burn it off, don't use public roads. I usually go to my friends cul-de-sac.

Go get a can of BG 44K,you will clean your injectors and then some,this stuff really works.:D

i have used seafom for a few years.Ran it threw a few cars, both my explorers.The only problem i had was i put it in the crankcase and switched to synthetic at the same time, had oil leaking all over the front crossmember. switched to highmileage oil and the problem went away.

Other then that last mishap its been a great product.

Some people have reported fouled plugs and/or O2 sensors after using Seafoam. Of course, that doesn't indicate a "problem" with seafoam; it means it did it's job, and it cleaned your very dirty engine. I would do the Seafoam just before an oil change and tuneup.

Depending on how much carbon buildup you have, you may need to repeat the Seafoam process. I had to do it 4 times, on one car, before getting little to no smoke on the last repeat. It was a Neon that had an exhaust leak, right at the manifold. It would randomly start stumbling and misfiring. After I fixed the leak, it ran slightly better, but not great. After seeing the carbon buildup on the plugs and exhaust ports, from all that misfiring, I decided to try seafoam. After that 4th application, with a day of driving in between each, it idle like new, and ran great.

Like others have said, you'll want to do this in a "secluded" area. The first time, I did it in my driveway, in the middle of the day. The smoke was so bad, cars had to stop and "crawl" by my house. I was waiting for the cops to show up! After that, I've gone to the local public library, at night. There are no houses close enough to be bothered by the noise of the engine revving, and the parking lot is far enough from a very lightly traveled road,and surrounded by woods, that the smoke isn't a problem.

Sooo I just did the seafoam treatment last nite...no white smoke at all. Any thoughts? Repeat treatment? X runs 900% better though and actually has some pickup...thoughts anyone?

did u go thru the brake booster...how long did u let it sit b4 ya cranked it back up

Back