• Register Today It's free!

SEAT BELT WARNING BELL

MAC

Reaction score
City, State
STAMFORD ,CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
IS THERE A WAY I CAN SHUT THAT SEAT BELT BELL OFF ON MY 2002 EXPLORER WHEN I DON'T HAVE MY SEAT BELT SNAPPED IN. I KNOW IF YOU SNAP IT IN FOR A MINUTE AND RELEASE IT IT STOPS BUT ITS ANOYING TO DO IT EVERY TIME.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome to the site! please don't type in all caps.

anyway, it should shut off after about 10-15 seconds, unless that's something they changed for '02. Besides that, you'd have to find the little beeper speaker and disable it.

.......or possibly just but the belt on and leave it on.:eek:

Hey, how about this, wear you seatbelt. That chime is annoying for a reason.

I know for the older models of explorers (2001 and down) there is somthing you can do with the key... and it will turn it off..... not shure what it is.. try a search..

and welcome to the site..!~

Mike

It was in my manuel on how to do this. I wear my seatbelt all the time, but if I am doing with the engine on while not driving it gets very annoying. I don't know about the 4door, but my sport will chime for like 5 minutes at 15 sec. intervals. Very annoying! Like I said, I always wear my seatbelt and advise anyone else to do the same but it is a nice feature to be able to turn it off.

The steps in my manuel were:

1: Put Key to ON postion(do not turn the engine on)
2: Wait til the belt light goes out. 1/2 min.
3: Buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt 3 times
4: turn on/off parking lights
5: Buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt 3 more times

and that should do it.

you forgot the last step:

6) Stand on your head, count to 20, and throw your keys out the window.

sorry, couldn't resist. don't you love these "codes"?

Yeah, when I first read it, I called my buddy! I had to tell someone!! The actual instructions are 9 steps in the book. I condensed them:)

Back