01STrunner

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Greer, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 SAS'd Sport Trac
I know this isn't "my" forum but Ive got a question you guys might be able to help me with and I didnt get any answers on the ST side.
I want to swap out my worn cloth seats in my ST for some leather seats out of the 3rd gen. 1st off I found a Mounty that had black leather but the 2nd row bench was 3 pieces. Is it like this in all 3rd gen ex's or do they also come in 60/40 split like mine?
Also, how hard would it be to run power to the extra funtions of the seats? My passenger seat is fully manual and my drivers seat is manual recline with power fwd/back, up/down. If possible I'd love to hook up the heated seats. My other though is to take the 3rd gen seats off of that frame and put it on my current seat frames.

Is any of this possible or is this a far out dream? Thanks guys

If you feed the right power and ground to the fully automatic 3rd gen seats then I don't see why they wouldn't work. And yes, 3rd gens do come with 60/40 splits but possibly on in cloth :dunno:

Think the best option would be pull the pigtail out from the donor truck in addition to the seats?

Back