Seats what years will fit my 97 explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Seats what years will fit my 97 explorer

arineod

Reaction score
City, State
NorCal
I have a 97 explorer and I found an explorer someone is parting out. My seat lever broke on my driver's side and now I need a new seat.

Will seats from a 1993 explorer fit ok in my 97? My 97 is a 2 door. has buckets seats and so does the 93. Hope it works out. Otherwise, anyone near Sacramento and have some seats that would fit my 97? beige or tan interior. Hell, I'm not picky, could always get seat covers :)

:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Almost all 95-01 should fit if I remember correctly. As for a 1st gen fitting, that may be a bit of a stretch, also If your sport has the kind that will fold forward allowing access to the back then you may want to match it up with another from a sport. You could take measurements on the bolt pattern and seat dimensions. If you can find a U-pull-it around you, the going rate for a front seat w/ no heat is generally $60-100 in good condition.

thanks for the info, huge help!

:salute:

I believe it's 92-01(01-03 Sports, 01-05 Tracs).

Tracks and seats are all swappable as well in case you have power seats.

92-01 2doors right?
Thanks!

The seat levers are just 4 bolts if you can get one, in case the seats are different. You don't have to un-skin them to get to the bolts either, just pull the fabric up to allow access to the bolts...

The seat levers are just 4 bolts if you can get one, in case the seats are different. You don't have to un-skin them to get to the bolts either, just pull the fabric up to allow access to the bolts...

I am guessing I would get that lever from a junk yard, pick-n-pull? or can I purchase somewhere?

this would probably be the best option.

For replacing the seats, I assume that the tracks can be swapped to a 4 door seat. All Explorer seats tilt forward a great deal.

picking up some seats out of a 93 4dr explorer tomorrow. Will let you know how the rest goes and how they fit, etc.

Thanks guys

Seats

I have a chance to get a pair of Leather seats with a heater in them and full power. Out of a 1998 Explorer limited. My XL is a 1998 with fully adjustable seats with lumbar supports and all electrics. My questions is :
#1. Will the leather Limited Seats have lumbar support?
#2. Will the electrical connector in my XLT have the power for the heat?
#3. Will it be an easy swap?

Many thanks my friends Chris::yelexp:

the leather has lumbar too... but you don't have connections for the heat... you have to run seperate wires for that....

Si

Back