• Register Today It's free!

seats

dixie don

Reaction score
City, State
kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 explorer sport trac
My 2003 sport trac front seats are getting worn, are there any other Ford seats that will interchange easily??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There have been a lot of seat swap questions lately!!

Any seats from '95-01 Explorers are a direct bolt in. The fabric won't match, though. The cloth Explorer seats with manual lumbar adjustment seem to maintain their firmness. I recently swapped the above seats into both my Sport Tracs. The original seats in both trucks are in very good shape, they just don't support my back comfortably on trips over an hour. The '01 already had power seats, but no lumbar. The '02 had manual seats, and I tapped into the cigarette lighter to power the power seat I swapped in. I only swapped driver's seats as I rarely have passengers, and I use seat covers, so no one is likely to notice the mismatched seats anyway.

good info--thanks so much!!

If you're going to replace the seats why not switch to leather, that's what I'm doing. I have a set of tan leathers from a 2001 Mountaineer that is scheduled to go into my 2005.

I bought a set of leather seats 1st. The leather seats with the air lumbar have a steel bar of some sort across the very back of the seat section that hits my pelvic bones and makes the seat terribly uncomfortable. The lumbar air bag doesn't hold air in the seat I bought. If it did, that might push the lower seatback far enough forward that I wouldn't be sitting on that bar. I tried some other leather seats at the salvage yard, and I sat on the bar on those, too. When I bought the 1st set, it was cold and I was wearing insulated coveralls. I didn't notice the bar through the extra layers of clothing. I think the cloth/manual lumbar seats are much more comfortable.

I just today did a bottom cushion and cover (driver seat). I had to buy 2 seats. 1 had a good cushion,1 with a good cover. Cushion out of a 98. The cover from a sport, 2001. Odd thing was the frame was bit different.

Back