• Register Today It's free!

shackle problems

Jimbo92

Reaction score
City, State
Greenwood, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 xlt, 97 5.0 mounty
i installed the warrior shackles about two weeks ago and when i first installed them and put my 31 inch kos on my rear wells measured 35 inches off the ground, 4 inches higher than the stock 31 inches. the tires before were 235/75r15 liberators so they were tiny so i got 2 inches from tires and 2 from shackles. the problem now is that my truck measures 33 inches, the same as stock with the 31's. that means the shackles are causing my leaf springs to lose their rate i assume? i hope somebody can figure this out cuz at this rate im gonna be sittin on the tires soon

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jimbo92 said:
that means the shackles are causing my leaf springs to lose their rate i assume?

i was thinking about doing a TT/shackle lift over tmy winter break from college, but after reading this, i'm not sure. i know that i don't want do swap my leafs for a 150s. has this problem happened to alot of you guys?

-kenny

My rear has settled a bit since the original shackle lift last winter.

I sarted with a bit of rear sag about1 inch with the shackles I was only able to go 1.5 above stock after correcting for the sag.

Today I only have about an inch of lift in the back. Sounds like time for an add-a-leaf.

since the shackle is longer than the factory one it will allow your springs to settle down to t apoint where they are at rest. When you first install the shackels the springs were at rest from being locked into a shorter shackel. Now the springs are just finding the new rest point which is generally back almost where they started. The benefit is more flex. Since the shackle is longer it travels through more of an arc as it flexes.

Back