• Register Today It's free!

shackles

navajo1839

Reaction score
City, State
brooklyn park mn
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 mazda navajo
not sure what type of shackel to get is there a certian type of shackle to get or can i jsut use any kind i saw at the parts store they had one it was like a universal made for all types and wasnt sure if it would work for mine

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do a search.This topic has been covered 1,456,745 times:D

yeah i have tried that and all i hear is warrior shackles and i was wondeing if there is anythign else that i coudl use

Warriors are the best and only 50 bucks.There was a guy on here yesterday giving away a set of pep boy ones:D

u can also go down to your local autozone and get them for no more than 15 bucks, thats what i did. look for a box that says "universal shackle kit. "

HMMMMM.............Would I want something supporting my rear axle that was $15 from a local parts store and had "universal" written on it? NO. Get the Warriors. They have proven themselves very strong.

Robb

I've never heard of any problems from the autozone shackles. There are plenty of folks on this sight running them. But, if your rich and have money to spend, which I don't, the warrior shackles are a good choice. Its your ride, do what makes you happy, it just happens that having change in my pocket makes me happy!:D

I agree with Robb

Get the warriors.If you can afford a gas guzzling explorer you can afford the good shackels:D

Fab 'em yourself!

Since i'm a cheapskate, I bought four 10 inch long pieces of 3/8 thick steel which are two inches wide. I had a long section of 3 inch wide channel iron and cut two 4 inch long sections of that for the centers of the shackle's. I drilled the bolt holes in each end of the 3/8 steel sides and welded the sides to the channel iron using 3 passes per weld with an arc welder. Sandblasted and painted them black. Sounds like a lot of work but I had them both done and on the truck in 2 hours. 30,000 miles later and still going strong!

Wow, you are cheap. lol :)

Cheap Huh?

Thanks Tim...I resemble that remark! LOL. Actually, I also get a lot of satisfaction from being able to build something like that with my own two hands and see how well it works. It was a lot of fun, too.

Back