• Register Today It's free!

Warrior Shackles

MHanrahan

Reaction score
City, State
Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sport
where can I get warrior shackles, warrior never responded to my email for local retailers. Any chain of auto part stores carry them?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thats funny they emailed me back within 2 hrs. with local retailers in Canada. Anyway Ive heard of desert rat and offroad somthing, Ive had couple of beers but the number is WAR-153 go for it they make good stuff.

Desert Rat and JCWhitney both sell them. You have to call them and order them. They DO NOT list them on their web sites.

I got mine from Desert Rat.

Can anyone take a closeup picture of these shackles? I'm just curious about the quality and the design.

Hey guys,
Let me make a reccomendation on the shackles...

I went to Discount Auto and spent 15 ubcks on their 9" shackle kit (same size as Warrior). Then went to Home Depot and bought two 4" pieces if 1/2" inner diameter galvanized piping. Mount the shackles and use a 1/2" bolt through the pipe in the center hole in the shackles for extra strength. You will need to cut some of the pipe off. This mod with the pipe will help kepe the shackles from twisting - basically has the same effect as the backplate on the Warriors. Total cost <20 bucks and I didn't have to wait for shipping. Let me know if you want pics. I placed these up against Warriors and they are the same size - and a lot cheaper...

Jon

How much lift will these shackles give you? And also where can you get longer front coil springs for the front to match the lift in the back?

You sure you have an explorer????

Now, I may be mistaken but I don't think I have coils on my MM, nor do I think there are any on an Exploder. Ford uses Torision bars instead. If you want some lift, do what they call a torsion twist. Some say they can get 2.5" but I would not go past 2" which is plenty for the shackles. With the shackles, I seriously doubt I got 2". I am going to install another leaf for another .5" If you need help, let me know.

i've got a 91 XL, they have coils on the front end.

91 through 94 had coils. 95 up have torsion bars which you can just screw up to get up to 2" of lift. there are plenty of lift kits for the 91-94 explorers though. do a search and you should be able to find some. body kit or suspension.

use f150 coil spacers for the front for 91-94
do torsion twist for 95-2001
for rear use WAR-153
availabe at desert rat, quadratec, and 4wheelparts
desert rat and 4wheelparts have them but dont show them on the website so call them. Price is 40 - 50 dollars. The shackles provide 1.5" lift.

Back