shake wobble and roll | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

shake wobble and roll

Reaction score
City, State
spokane wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 xlt
my 1991 x-xlt has a wobble and the steering wheel wobbles with it, i was told by a shop that i called, (cant afford to go in and see whats wrong) that if it was u-joint cv-joint then it would only wobble when excelerating, but mine does it all the time even coasting or just letting my foot off the gas, i can see it wobble like the front end sways back and forth, has any one hade this problem? if so what did you do to fix it? o and when i hit the breaks i hear a clunk from the rear of the x-plorer, im at a loss here, i took the tires off and switched them around and nothing changed. its driving me nutz :confused:

My daughters 94 had what she called a little wobble.......jacked it up, spun the drivers tire and what a bubble there was on it!

Regards
SkiTsO

If tires are off balanced it can cause issues while driving and also if tires are going bad.

Wobble

I just had some belts break on a Goodyear Wrangler. My X had the same syptoms. You will definately see the bubble. Also if the inside of the tires are worn like a featheredge then that will do it too. The latter usually requires some front end repair or alignment.

Back