shift solenoid 2 and shift solenoid 3 it is a 4r44e transmisson | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

shift solenoid 2 and shift solenoid 3 it is a 4r44e transmisson

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

where is the bands located at can u send me a pic showing where they are

im haveing a simular problem. help!!

I have a 2wd 98 ranger with the4r44e tranni. im tryin to learn where the shift solonoid is. I went to advanced auto parts and asked for tranni replacement parts cause i didnt think my tranni was blown they sold me a shift solonoid. now im readind this tread and their saying theirs 3 of em. are they all different? Can someone please give me a quick run through of this? Do i have to take valve body out, do they plug into it. Please help

redmike, have you pulled any codes?
Also, the solenoids are in the valve body, you do not have to remove it, just drop the pan to get access.

thanks for responding

Theirs nothing showing that their are codes to be read. no check engine and no blinking of the over drive button. the reason i didnt think my tranni is bad is i kinda lost OD and reverse. I have to take OD off just to go forward than when i get to 45 i put the OD back on and im good. the truck wont go in any gear unless i take OD off. and i will only go in reverse if i put in forward than reverse. otherwise it works fine. sometimes i dont have todo nothin it will work perfect except i wont have OD at all. I just have to take OD off when i trys to go into OD.

Back