shock question

Premier

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 sport
not sure if this is the right place, but here it goes..

i have a superlift suspension system on the truck, and i blew a shock. my question is, should i just measure the height of the shock, and buy a replacement based on that, or?? (i plan on replacing both front shocks)

i could go with superlift shocks again, but if i wanted to upgrade them, what size would i get, type, etc? thanks for the help

-jake

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm going to bump this, hopefully someone has an answer...

The Superlift shocks in the kit suck. Surely, there's got to be better shocks we can swap in?

i had to buy a superlift shock. you could get different ones for the back, but i think you have to stick with theirs for the front.. they are shaped weird, and have a little extension thing on them

Any particular reason why? I mean, it's not as if the shock has a special mount or anything.

Maybe I'll have to park the Explorer for a couple of days, and pull a front and rear shock, and take them into NAPA and see what they can find me...

got a pic of the shocks i am interested to see this

My shocks from Superlift wore out so I tried finding something better, couldn't find anything so now I'm back to 4 more shocks from Superlift, they're suposed to be made by Billstein

Back