Shocks 2000 4x4 xlt - help choosing | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Shocks 2000 4x4 xlt - help choosing

KJ2000XLS

Reaction score
City, State
VIRGINIA BEACH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 EDDIE BAUER
Getting ready to replace my shocks and would like a little help choosing the best application for my 2000 explorer xlt 4x4. Drive 30 k per year mostly on road , some off road several times a year.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

there are many threads on this subject. search for them.

With mixture of city and off-road you can't go wrong with some Ranchero shock absorbers. I have them on mine with a lift and really enjoy the ride. You can use the search above to look up others interest in the Rancheros... this is what I found: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=362274

You can't go wrong with the Ranchos.

Or do what I did, put ranchos on the front, and run sensatrac load adjust in the rear. Gives you some lift and really stiffens up body roll in the back.

I wasted money on dual-tube shocks just to find out that monotubes are better performers all around. No wonder Bilstein (inventors of monotube)are in all high end vehicles.
I an using now KYB Shock-A-Just and they are perfect, but you can look at any other manufacturer that offers monotubes (sometimes called high-pressure as opposed to normal pressure shocks).

thanks, after looking around on different posts i am ordering bilsteins tomorrow

Good call on the Bilsteins.

There are a lot of good shocks around but I always say to avoid any disappointment just buy Koni or Bilstein.

Getting ready to replace my shocks and would like a little help choosing the best application for my 2000 explorer xlt 4x4. Drive 30 k per year mostly on road , some off road several times a year.

Don't buy the cheap blue Monroe's. They will be shot in 6 months.

Back