• Register Today It's free!

Should I purchase?

Rckslick333

Reaction score
City, State
Kittery, Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 explorer nbx 4.6
A buddy of mine is selling a yakima load warrior basket for 100$. I was curious of peoples opinions on these and how they look on the Explorer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

$100 seems to be a decent price. I guess it all depends on the condition of the rack. I like Yakima but I am more of a Thule fan. I know some others on here have fabricated their own. If you don't want to do that, I say buy it.

Price seams fair. Me, I'm always looking to lose weight in favor of MPG's. That'll add weight and wind drag. But if you'll use it or just think it looks cool (which they usually do) then get it.

Its brand new. He got it for his birthday and he already had a different rack in mind. I want to mount lihhts on it. Havent decided yet

i would go for it. i like it because it's not too tall...some baskets are VERY tall. imo, the basket really only needs a slight lip all the way around as I use ratchet straps and crank down on whatever is up there pretty damn good.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Highland-UVenture-Rooftop-Cargo-Basket-Black/22018473

this is what I have, i got it from walmart. the only downside is that it's steel, and not aluminum. a tad heavy, but moreso it rusts. i 4 wheel on the beach a lot so aluminum exterior accessories are important for me.

i would go for it. i like it because it's not too tall...some baskets are VERY tall. imo, the basket really only needs a slight lip all the way around as I use ratchet straps and crank down on whatever is up there pretty damn good.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Highland-UVenture-Rooftop-Cargo-Basket-Black/22018473

this is what I have, i got it from walmart. the only downside is that it's steel, and not aluminum. a tad heavy, but moreso it rusts. i 4 wheel on the beach a lot so aluminum exterior accessories are important for me.

I like it. Its not a bad price either. To stop rust you could paint bedliner on it. Give that a shot.

For what its worth, I just sold my loadwarrior that was on my old Trooper for $200. I listed it on CL and it sold within a few hours. So if you do not like it, sell it.

Back