• Register Today It's free!

Side Mirrors

dsulli37

Reaction score
City, State
Ann Arbor, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Limited
I am wondering if anyone has had luck putting the Aviator side mirrors or the '06 Explorer mirrors on an '05 or previous model?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its been done with aviators on 02-05's. not sure if the 2006's will fit on the 02-05's yet. someone was going to try it, not sure if they did or not yet.

do the turn signals work with the Aviator mirrors? The only reason I'd go for '06 mirrors is they are supposed to be quiet.

dsulli37 said:
do the turn signals work with the Aviator mirrors? The only reason I'd go for '06 mirrors is they are supposed to be quiet.

im sure that there is a way to modify the wiring to make it work with the aviator mirrors. there is someone on cardomain that did it. you can try looking for him and then ask. i believe that his was either an 02 or 03. let me know. ive heard that too about the 06 mirrors.

dsulli37 said:

Might the reason for that be that the side window glass is thicker? Not sure if that changed, but the Aviator had thicker glass which helped contribute to less wind noise. The mirrors look less aerodynamic to the eye (I realize that they may actually have a lower Cd though).

The new '06 mirrors were designed to be quieter.

I like the size and signal in the Aviator mirror though...

Back