Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pinole, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 F250/XLT Superduty
Callsign
KG6MAX
Ok, the heat is turning up in the SF Bay area.. I was talking to Ji about a sierra run, and we figured it would be fun!

So, anyone else up for a run into the sierras this coming weekend (june24/25)? It will be in the Ice house area (hwy 50).

let us know!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Count me in..:)
Trucks running fine..lets do it
are you guys going up friday or saturday?
Let me know

Sierrs Run

Tom,

Bummer, I would be up for a Sierra run this comoing weekend, but 6-24 & 25, is Ham Radio's premier annual event: ARRL Field Day: Its the "Camel Trophy" of ham radio, and our club will be on a 24 hour "Max effort", spending all night (24 hrs) operating from a park.... anyhow , already got a comm itment so I can't make it, but if you plan another, or this one gets rescheduled, let me know! Also my next door neighbor Is itching to go on a run.... 'course he's got a J**P Chickoree, that's pretty built. but its always fun to make j**ps look bad :) Maybe we can bend the rules to get him along too.

BTW , are you going to CO on labor day??

Ray H. - no problem. I never hear about any runs down south - like Bear Mountain. (in fact - I'd go there on july 1st weekend (can get 4 days off), but I prefer to wheel with another body along.) I was thinking about heading south down to Pismo Beach Dunes for the 1st/2nd/3rd/4th, but I could head even farther south if there was someone/someplace to wheel. Hey, maybe it's time to announce a run down in LA/San Diego? I wonder if Mac has the time.. :) I'd also like to see the repaired ranger!

As for who shows up for the runs, I prefer to be neutral for the runs around here. I much prefer people showed up and had fun, than have a jeep attitude (except in our case, it's 'explorer attitude'.) Now, for the big runs, I can see keeping it explorer/navajo/mountaineer (which, I've never seen a mountaineer at..)

As for CO - I won't know until late august, probably at the last moment. September is when we are moving a machine room, and taking 4 days off (for travel to/from CO) might be very difficult to do.

BA - Great! I'll be talking to Ji tuesday/wednesday night, and we be setting things up then. You want to caravan with me up there? We can meet about anywhere - my preferred route is I-580 -> I205 -> I5 -> I80 (misses the toll bridges, and heading through the crazy I80/Hwy24 stuff) But, I'm flexible.

pics now online..

I've uploaded the pics from last weekend's run into the High Sierras here in Northern California.

We had
Ji
Baexploder
91Explorer
me

show up for the run on saturday. 91explorer went back to SF that night.

In the sunday pics, are some shots of the rubicon trail.

The pics are at http://dweeb.lbl.gov/~tdavis/pics

Enjoy!

tdavis,

I can't get the pics website to load up, is it the right address?

Anyways, how you guys do on Sunday? Any damages?

I was able to wash most of the scrathes off my truck, but now the exhaust is hitting the skidplate, power steering is leaking, and of course the bent front bumper.

Oh, I'll probably contact you later this week about the tires.

whoops!

Configuration error on the server.. It works now!

Sorry.

Back