Sirius Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sirius Question

karipay

Reaction score
I remember I saw in the manual that I need to call Sirius to activate my free 6 month trial. However, I'm getting Sirius channels now without even calling them.

Wondering if my dealer already activated it for me or Sirius automatically activated it somehow?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's activated when vehicle is sold by the dealer.

However if you call Sirius you can add the Best of XM for free for the duration of your 6 month trial.

However if you call Sirius you can add the Best of XM for free for the duration of your 6 month trial.

Good to know! Thanks!!

It is amazing what you learn when you read the all the manual info, no? Thank God for this forum for those of us who don't get around to doing so!

i don't have my car yet...but do you think by adding best of xm then you have to call them to cancel the whole thing when the 6-month trial expires, otherwise it's going to be auto-renew?

i hope they don't need my CC info in order to add the best of xm for 6 months! i hate to call to cancel cos i always forget!

i don't have my car yet...but do you think by adding best of xm then you have to call them to cancel the whole thing when the 6-month trial expires, otherwise it's going to be auto-renew?

i hope they don't need my CC info in order to add the best of xm for 6 months! i hate to call to cancel cos i always forget!

They didn't ask for my cc#. Just name, phone, address and email.

I haven't seen that 'Best of XM' printed anywhere. I have spoken with the Siruis people on 2 separate occassions and it never came up. I did extend my subscription for 1 year after the free trial expires. Cost me $140 (CDN), including taxes.

It's on the Sirius card that came with the manuals. It says Call Sirius Listener Care at 1-800-351-4517 to register your ESN, establish your online account and add The Best of XM to your 6-month Sirius trial.

I also saw it mentioned on the Sirius website for trial accounts when I was looking for rate info.

Unless you guys in the GWN are also getting hosed on that like you are on the Sync Services.

Does anyone know what the Best of XM actually is?

R

It's on the Sirius card that came with the manuals. It says Call Sirius Listener Care at 1-800-351-4517 to register your ESN, establish your online account and add The Best of XM to your 6-month Sirius trial.

I also saw it mentioned on the Sirius website for trial accounts when I was looking for rate info.

Unless you guys in the GWN are also getting hosed on that like you are on the Sync Services.
Just retrieved that card from the glove box and it doesn't have the statement you refer to on it. Did not see anything about it on the Sirius Canada website either. Not a problem though, there are way more stations/channels than I'll ever listen to anyway. The only one I've constantly had on is 62, The Roadhouse. Not a modern country fan!
Now that I have that card out of the vehicle, I'll take it to work and make a copy of it.
Cheers from the GWN where it is supposed to hit near 70 F tomorrow and regular gas is only $5.74 an imperial gallon today. BTW my sister lives in San Jose.

Does anyone know what the Best of XM actually is?

If you have a search engine (such as Google) type in "best of xm" and you will see:

Add The Best of Sirius, and you'll get two full-time Howard Stern channels, every NFL game, every NASCAR® race, Playboy Radio, Martha Stewart Living Radio, plus play-by-play college sports from top conferences

Back