Sirus / XM

SHUMAX

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Explorer Sport
Can someone point me to how I access my radio code to update my Sirus/XM Subscription?

Thanks!
Shumax

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tune to channel one I believe.

Just fyi make sure to negotiate you renewal. I recived my subscription renewal in the mail and again they wanted $ 200.00 for the year i said no way jose and again got another year for $ 89.00plus tax total $100.13 plus credit for one month the total $ 96.00.

You can get 5 months for $25 fairly easily - its a common package. Hard part is getting 6 months for $25 - you need to be prepared to actually cancel to get that.

You need to call back every 5 months but that is the price you pay to save.

Thanks for the help! I'm going to transfer the subscription from the old car to the new (to me) EX. I think I have a few more months left. I, too, dicker with them on the renewal. Last time is was a hundo out the door, too.

It's too the point for me that streaming Pandora is better anyway. So, if they don't want to move the needle down again, buh-bye! :)

Shumax

Can someone point me to how I access my radio code to update my Sirus/XM Subscription?

Thanks!
Shumax
You should be able to get that info from the MFT screen. Press i (information) /travellink/subscription info and that will show your ESN.
My last renewal in November cost me $72 including taxes and fees and Internet listening for 1 year. They were offering a 6 month term at $95.94 + fees and tax. Also be aware that there is a charge to change subscriptions from one vehicle to another. I was able to get that dropped.

Peter

Yeah I was like WTF? when they mentioned the fee to transfer I said, fine cancel it then.... the fee then went *POOF* :)

You can get 5 months for $25 fairly easily - its a common package. Hard part is getting 6 months for $25 - you need to be prepared to actually cancel to get that.

You need to call back every 5 months but that is the price you pay to save.

Thanks Gooch! That's some solid advice that I will certainly take. I just got my Ex Sport a week and a half ago so I have a little over 5 months on my subscription still. So do I just say I'll take/try another 5 months for $25, other than that I'm cancelling today??? Or do I tell them I'm planning on cancelling strait out and let them offer that 5/$25 package???

I just drove to the Gulf Coast for vacation, discovered a day/or two before about the free Sirius/XM subscription, and it was all I listened to the whole way down. I can finally retire my phone book of CD's to my home entertainment center!

Yeah, threaten them that X Y or Z streaming service is great and do I really NEED to keep Sirius and have fun....

Yeah, threaten them that X Y or Z streaming service is great and do I really NEED to keep Sirius and have fun....

Hahaha, thank, I will brother! I believe it's close to time for my wife to have her script renewed in the 4Runner. I'll report back after I try exactly what you said to do and let everyone know how it goes! Thanks again Cwescape!!!

i actually did this...
the rep then went on to tell me how they feel they offer a much better selection than the internet has to offer, needless to say i canceled.

LOL

I don't even threaten any more. I've been getting the $25 for 5 months for the past 4 years.

My 2015 F350 expired last November for the first 6 months free and I called up to get it renewed under the $25. It's very difficult for them to not offer it again once you've had it on your vehicles over and over. They merged my accounts in April together and renewed both again.

Easy to get, you may need to threaten to cancel the first or second time but after that, it's easy to keep getting it.

I get 6 months for $25 for both my vehicles. Just ask for the cancelation dept. when you call. Been doing this for several years on my 12 focus as well as my 14 explorer.

I get 6 months for $25 for both my vehicles. Just ask for the cancelation dept. when you call. Been doing this for several years on my 12 focus as well as my 14 explorer.

I am not impressed by the sound quality of Sirius, it sounds highly compressed. Pandora and iHeart Radio through my iPhone sounds 10X better.
So I'm debating whether or not to renew when its time.

I will say that on the EX the Sirius sound quality really is the worst of the vehicles I've owned on many channels but handy to have as well. I use my USB, Stream and land broadcast to mix things up. I will do another $25 update but disappointing sound quality makes it harder to justify.

Data fees from streaming (and coverage issues) can easily bypass the $5 a month fee (at least that's how I justify it!)

Back