SkiFi2 XM radio receiver | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SkiFi2 XM radio receiver

aldive

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
Do any of you have the new SkiFi2 XM receiver?

I am considering it, I have used the SkiFi foe quite some time and its great, however, the "2" has some neat new features:

* 30-Minute "Pause and Replay" - Allows you to pause and replay up to 30 minutes of XM's programming.
* Built-In Wireless FM Modulator - Wirelessly transmit XM to any FM stereo. What's more, you can choose from 12 FM frequencies.
* TuneSelect - Alerts you when a favorite artist or song is playing on another channel.
* Personalized Sports and Stock Ticker - Scroll up to 20 stock symbols or sports scores while listening to your favorite channel.

The price is $99,99.

opinions......

Attachments

• skyfi2.jpg
    skyfi2.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 148
  • yhst-67720110273938_1821_217136.jpg
    yhst-67720110273938_1821_217136.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 147

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've installed a couple of them, the display is much easier on the eyes than the original, if I didn't have sirius I would use this unit.

superedge88 said:
I've installed a couple of them, the display is much easier on the eyes than the original, if I didn't have sirius I would use this unit.

Do uou know if this new model will fit into the cradle of the car kit for the original?

I hate the display on my original.

I am 99% sure that it will, because they made it too fit in the same boombox as the original. If you do a search on google for it you will probably find something to confirm this.

SiLenZe said:
(which is still way smaller then any sirius radio)
Not quite.

SiLenZe said:
its the exact same form factor as the ski fi 1 (which is still way smaller then any sirius radio)

There are a couple of Sirius units that are smaller than the Skyfi, and the Clarion unit is MUCH smaller.

Back