Sirius Sportster Satellite Radio Receiver | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sirius Sportster Satellite Radio Receiver

aldive

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
Does anyone have the Sirius Sportster Satellite Radio Receiver?

I am thinking of switching from XM to Sirius and this looks like a feature filled unit.

Opinions???????????????

Attachments

• PC.DEI.SPR1.CN.jpg
    PC.DEI.SPR1.CN.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 315

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just curious, but what are your reasons for considering the switch from XM to Sirius?

snocross1985 said:
Just curious, but what are your reasons for considering the switch from XM to Sirius?

Better sports coverage is the main reason.

I know nothing about the unit you are asking about but I have had Sirius for a whopping two days now and I love it.

The part I love the most is this fall when on a road trip
not missing my Baltimore RAVENS

!

definatley go sirius...its WAY better. u get free online sirius (music on your computer!) when xm charges, plus some other cool channels are coming to sirius for no extra charge...xm charges for them. sirius is a better deal over all

GoodMike said:
definatley go sirius...its WAY better. u get free online sirius (music on your computer!) when xm charges, plus some other cool channels are coming to sirius for no extra charge...xm charges for them. sirius is a better deal over all

With the increased rate of XM you now recieve online with your normal subscription.

I just got one of those last week but I have not activated it. I’m waiting to get the auxiliary input adapter that I ordered last week so hopefully the sound quality will be much better than an fm transmitter. However, I did a hardwire install in my X and played around with the features a little. It’s pretty easy to navigate. The screen is a nice size too. So far I like it. But ill know for sure when I activate it next weekend.

bentley said:
I just got one of those last week but I have not activated it. I’m waiting to get the auxiliary input adapter that I ordered last week so hopefully the sound quality will be much better than an fm transmitter. However, I did a hardwire install in my X and played around with the features a little. It’s pretty easy to navigate. The screen is a nice size too. So far I like it. But ill know for sure when I activate it next weekend.

Tell me about this adapter, please. Where did you order it, etc?

Thanks ......

FYI a cheaper option is this gadget:
http://www.cardomain.com/item/AVXSATSWB
It basically converts the wireless fm transmitter to a wired fm transmitter

The forums on siriusbackstage.com have mixed reviews on it. Some say the reception is much better but others didn't see any improvement.

I have this one as well. I will try this and the auxiliary input adapter next weekend and see which one transmits better sound quality.

Sirius's hardware sucks ass. That thing above is like a damn brick, frickin huge and heavy.

93exploder said:
Sirius's hardware sucks ass.

That thing above is like a damn brick, frickin huge and heavy.

You know this how? Have you used it?

Huge? Receiver: W=4.580", H=3.104", D=1.531" - Cradle: W=4.737", H=2.321", D=2.330" Compare this to the Delphi SkiFi receiver which is Item width: 4.7 inches Item height: 2.9 inches Item depth: 1.5 inches Item weight: .89 pounds. I have the SjiFi currently and it is definately NOT huge.

93exploder said:
Sirius's hardware sucks ass. That thing above is like a damn brick, frickin huge and heavy.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm yeah, I think I pulled a muscle instaling my stuff
:rolleyes:

i think if your talking longivity of the company, XM would be the better company

sirius has not had the same amount of sucess as xm because the programming has not been able to compare to xm's, along with better compression technology, better satillites, better hardware, also keep in mind xm started before sirius, and currently has 3 times as many subscribers

the only channels that are commercial free are the music channels. they do put in a few program alerts and XM promo's - 2 minutes per hour or something like that.

its impossible for the talk channels to not have commercials.

Back