• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

SNJ's FOCUS

SuRrEaLNJ

hail to the king, baby!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
out of my mind...
Year, Model & Trim Level
MUNK 07 Focus 97 XL1200C
New front strut brace
strutbar2.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

SuRrEaLNJ

hail to the king, baby!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
out of my mind...
Year, Model & Trim Level
MUNK 07 Focus 97 XL1200C
fianly got myself some upgraded tuneage.

had it in for a couple of weeks, but havent goten around to postin it

Alpine cda-9886
IMG_4424.jpg

120 gig ipod stashes in glove box
IMG_4425.jpg

blueka

Elite Pickler
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
UK
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 UK XL & 99 Sport V8
nice.. the focus you guys get is totally different to the one we get now...

Si

Bwana Bob

Reaction score
City, State
Morris Plains, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
New Focus owner

Hi guys,

I just bought a Focus! While I dearly love my old '92 Explorer, and would not part with it, at 18 years old and 230k miles I decided that it is too old to be my only vehicle. So the mighty and venerable Ex will be semi-retired to fun duty for hauling stuff, kayak carrying, and commuting during snowstorms.

After about 2 years of "research", including soliciting opinions from the Explorer Forum, (plus my sister saying, "Just go do it", I am the proud owner of a 2010 Focus SES.
It was one of life's little miracles. I walked in and asked to test drive an SES with manual transmission, expecting that they wouldn't have anything with a stick. Surprise! The dealer had an SES with stick and the color I wanted. The rest is history.

I've only driven 100 miles, but this little beast is a blast to drive!

Thanks to all on the forum who shared experiences and opinions. Now, is there a Focus owners forum out there that is as good as the Explorer Forum, or should I just post Focus questions here?

Bob

Bwana Bob

Reaction score
City, State
Morris Plains, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
New Focus

Thanks, I'll check out focaljet. I did some poking around on
on myfordfocus.com and focusfanatics.com.

I don't plan any mods since the SES has everything I want, except maybe a voltmeter and oil pressure gauge, but after the first or second warranty service I plan to take over the routine maintenance myself.

I still have the Explorer to use as the flying laboratory.

How hard is it to reach the oil filter? I have car ramps and a jack. I understand that the oil filter is a spin-on instead of the cartridge type that seems to give Fusion owners grief.

I thought that my Explorer was "fun" to drive with decent tires, performance shocks and the manual trans, but the Focus is an absolute blast:D. Its no Mustang, but it goes where I point it and the engine seems to be pretty perky.

To use an aircraft analogy, if the Explorer is a C-130 (though some days it feels like a DC-3 or B-24), then the Focus is an F-177 stealth fighter:usa:

Bob

ericautopart

Reaction score
City, State
Jersey Shore
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT 5.0L AWD
I've got a mercury milan which is similar..I've been wanting to join focaljet for the longest time but it seems pointless until I own one. I need to get a focus hatch to fart around in..perfect autox car.

SuRrEaLNJ

hail to the king, baby!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
out of my mind...
Year, Model & Trim Level
MUNK 07 Focus 97 XL1200C
finally have a reason to update this thread. now with 65k on the odo and almost 5 years of ownership i got the itch to change things up a bit, so i finally made the changes ive wanted to for the past few years

226270_2060086543770_1292876913_32637172_8235343_n.jpg

still running the bfg suppersport a/s but this time in 215/45zr17

the rear got a set of camber bolts to bring the alignment specs back closer to stock, something i shoulda done along time ago

toypaseo

Flunked daycare
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
outside shovelling snow
Year, Model & Trim Level
................ 96 XLT ™
New 17" wheels! NICE!

I am considering putting my summer wheels/tires on soon...

SuRrEaLNJ

hail to the king, baby!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
out of my mind...
Year, Model & Trim Level
MUNK 07 Focus 97 XL1200C
daylight pic

221878_2060583156185_1292876913_32638135_5969446_n.jpg

i dont run winter tires, when it snows i just take munk

Bwana Bob

Reaction score
City, State
Morris Plains, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
Very nice, SNJ!

My 2010 Focus SES is now about 18 months old, and I really like it. It is fun to drive, though I don't push it. (My 92 Explorer is fun to drive, too, but in a very different way!) I have the same 17 inch black chrome wheels with the OEM Kumho KH16 Solus, 215/45/17 tires. They are pretty good for a Chinese tire. I have only driven a little in snow on them and they seem OK, but I have the Explorer for the foul weather. The ride is a little harsh, but I guess that is typical for 17 inch wheels and wide aspect ratio tires. The handling, though is very nice.

I haven't done any mods (yet), nor have I joined Focaljet. I'm pretty happy with it the way it is. The fog lamps are a little lame and I'm tempted to put a pair of Hella 500s on the nose...

Bwana Bob

SuRrEaLNJ

hail to the king, baby!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
out of my mind...
Year, Model & Trim Level
MUNK 07 Focus 97 XL1200C
just for the record joining fj leads to mods...

its kinda like this place....

vroomzoomboom

Elite Canuck STOCK SUCKS!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
selkirk, manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 supercharged 347 sport