Stic-o's new "Comuter" '15 Focus ST | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stic-o's new "Comuter" '15 Focus ST

So they figured out the issue. Excessive Carbon build up.

I guess running 91 octane and doing 90mph in 3rd gear isn't being hard enough on it.

Alright then:burnout:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So they figured out the issue. Excessive Carbon build up.

I guess running 91 octane and doing 90mph in 3rd gear isn't being hard enough on it.

Alright then:burnout:

noted... How many miles does your car have on it? Ours are pretty similar, but I'm never really hard on it because these things suck the fuel when the foot goes down.

noted... How many miles does your car have on it? Ours are pretty similar, but I'm never really hard on it because these things suck the fuel when the foot goes down.

Just over 11k

really? I wonder if it is the fuel out there. I haven't had any codes over here in KY yet, and mine is at 19k. I don't even use 93 all the time. lol

But i do have carbon build up on the exhaust tip pretty good...

All direct injection cars naturally have excessive carbon buildup in the valves because there is no fuel to wash the gunk down. The gunk comes from egr gases and PCV blowby. I recommend looking into a catch can for the PCV to help with the buildup.

And check engine light is back. ....Again! :banghead:

boooo. Kristina had a cop running the plates and trying to find a reason to pull her over this morning as well. Just not a good day for the ST crowd today

I need to talk to Russell ( @NICE59FORDF100 ). He was telling me in Moab the trick to get Ford to take notice of the issue through customer service or something.

yep, the trick is to start calling into ford customer service and having them open whats called an FMC360 case with your dealer - when you contact them, see if they can get the dealer to perform a top engine clean of some sort (usually just an extra the dealer sells to quick lane customers, but it does actually work pretty good). ford may reimbuse the dealer to try it, if it is in fact carbon buildup causing misfires - @Stic-o, pm me the vin number of the ST so i can familerize myself with the past repairs thay have done on it.

@Stic-o, does it happen when its cold? just found this SSM:

SSM 45856 - 2015-2016 Focus ST May Illuminate The Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) With Misfire Codes
Some 2015-2016 Focus ST vehicles may exhibit MIL On with a perceived misfire after cold start. Diagnostic Trouble codes may include P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303,P0304, and P0316. Engineering is currently investigating this concern. Refer toWorkshop Manual (WSM) Section, 303-01 for normal diagnostics. For drivability concerns Refer to Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) manual. To assist with the investigation use the Report A Vehicle Concern link at the bottom of the Oasis report and submit a Global Concern Report (GCR). Continue to monitor OASIS for updates.

Yes cold start. I get P0300, P0302 and P0316.

The first time I took it to the dealer, they said they didn't have a solution, which is pretty much what that SSM above says.

I'll send you the VIN.

I think the solution is they swap it out for a new RS.:burnout:

Yes cold start. I get P0300, P0302 and P0316.

The first time I took it to the dealer, they said they didn't have a solution, which is pretty much what that SSM above says.

I'll send you the VIN.

I think the solution is they swap it out for a new RS.:burnout:

Haha yea I wish it was that simple! Let me look over the history. I would still call and have a 360 made so that way it is logged and catalogued for any future repairs. If ford is made aware your vehicle is showing these symptoms now then they will have to honor a repair for it once a repair is made available to the dealers

Is that before or after I have a hole in a cylinder?

So talked to customer service and regional rep will be contacting me. Dealer wants me to bring it in ASAP. Kind of stalling till I hear from the regional. Customer Service was already talking buy back :eek:

So talked to customer service and regional rep will be contacting me. Dealer wants me to bring it in ASAP. Kind of stalling till I hear from the regional. Customer Service was already talking buy back :eek:

told yea Cust Service would take yea seriously haha

Yeah then the dealer texted me, and I informed them about the TSB. There response was ok, we'll call you when there is a solution. WTF is that?:mad2:

Yeah then the dealer texted me, and I informed them about the TSB. There response was ok, we'll call you when there is a solution. WTF is that?:mad2:

I would call customer service back ( i assume they gave you a case number) and inform them of the dealers actions as this point. the dealer is not neccasserily in the wrong though - if there is no fix, they cant do anything. however, if they can monitor for further updates, thats when they can call. you can ask customer service to also alert you if there is a fix available when it comes out.

My concern is that it could be doing damage now, that may effect the cars longevity beyond the warranty. I'm willing to help them resolve the issue through what ever testing needed. As long as I have something to drive.

We all know this is going to be a ECU update at some point.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So the regional guy called. Basically said we'll investigate if we can buy your car back or replace it. Give us a few weeks.

I just want the thing fixed! I guess I just keep taking it to the dealer so they can tell me the same story over and over. No available fix. Seems like a waste of time :mad:

Back