Snorkle | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Snorkle

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi, I just wanted to start off by saying welcome to the site. You will find a lot of valuable resources, as well as information here, espesially with the search function. As far as a snorkle, no, there is no sort of snorkle made for Explorers, but that is not to say that you can't get creative with a snorkle made for another vehicle. No one on this site, from what I know of, has done this, but there has been talk before about a snorkle for Explorers. The consensus was that Explorer engine configurations vary so much from model year to year, that to make a snorkle that would fit Explorers all together is somewhat of a lost cause. If you do find something, let us know, I think their would be a few people who would be interested. Hope I helped! And once again, welcome to the site! Dead Link Removed

------------------
Tim Y.
1996 Explorer XLT
4.0L OHV 4x4

Hey aussie your in luck I saw one about two weeks ago in one of my magazines and I will go back and look for it for you I was thinking about getting one for myself but I got a safari rack instead , The thing looked great. It was about 250.00 for the whole setup . I cant remeber where I saw it but I will start looking for you.

------------------
Ryan Jones
98 eddie baurer 4x4
2 inch lift
32x11.50 buckshots
manik brush gaurd and go rhino tail light gaurds
hella black majik driving light
Surco 45x60 safari rack
jbl door speakers and kicker fifteen

92 explorer with two inches of lift
30x9.50 mud kings

mrjones98e@hotmail.com

Hey Ryan:
Definitly post the info when you find it, I think a lot of us will be interested. Do you remember what model years and engines they had it for? Thanks for the info! Can't wait to hear more about this!

------------------
Tim Y.
1996 Explorer XLT
4.0L OHV 4x4

Hey Aussie,
Welcome to our, now your, Explorer website.
I too am looking for a snorkle, so I you find one or make one up, PLEASE take lots of pictures and let us know how it works. I have a question for you, since you are down under. Does ARB sell "Nitro Charger"shocks from Old Man EMU out there yet. the reason I ask is because I got my hands on a set and am doing a product review on them. I can't tell you any more than that until I finish the review, but, HINT if you can get your hands on a set, YOU WILL LIKE THEM. Dead Link Removed There are a couple of other Aussies on this board too. Hopefully you all can get together and do some 4wheeling. I would love to see some pictures and a write up of that. Dead Link Removed I know Australia is huge, and I haven't the foggest idea where you all are located, but it's something to think about. "The Aussie Explorer Run". Sounds pretty nice, eh?

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L.
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC
Dead Link Removed

I'm actually looking for one too, an idea would be to just buy one for another vehicle that has the air filter on passenger side and modify, which is what I figured I would do when I got some time.

One thing to consider too, before you do this mod, is that you will also want to raise your differential breather hoses, otherwise your fun in the water will be very costly. If water gets in your differentials it slowly eats away at the gears. Ouch. Anyway, by buying some cheap rubber tubing and two small K&N air filters you can actually create a pretty cool setup and locate them wherever you want. I plan to do this mod when I get a chance.

Mat

------------------
1992 Ford Explorer XLT
Interested in trucks..?
Me too. Check out my web page.
MatnChad.com
www.matnchad.com

Back