Snow Run | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Snow Run

im still down to....just hurry up! i wanna get up there now haha! well i guess I have another trip to keep me occupied in the mean time. Has anyone been up Rat Trap Pass outside of Darrington?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dreamr said:
Have fun with that :D
The snow is up to my front bumper, and I have a feeling it is a bit higher than yours. ;)

PERFECT! naw, my jeep is a lil higher than you think :p . granted...chains will work to :D

edit: dreamr...any chance you wanna venture up that way here in a few weeks? that is...after i fix the broken window...

as long as my stock EXT is still good to go since it aint as high as all ya'lls may be, I'm down for whenever, wherever

well im not 100% anymore on going...the Jeep has been acting up. hopefully its nothing big like the tranny going out....which it prolly is :(.

this trip went to hell quick. my brother has to work, one buddy has to work, another buddy is in jail for what was a dui, but now is resisting arrest and hitting an officer, another buddy is in the hospital with a freshly removed spleen......06 has gotten off to a very bad start.

arsoul said:
this trip went to hell quick. my brother has to work, one buddy has to work, another buddy is in jail for what was a dui, but now is resisting arrest and hitting an officer, another buddy is in the hospital with a freshly removed spleen......06 has gotten off to a very bad start.
I'll say so, I got laid-off after 29 years at the same place (5 different company names but the same company none the less :thumbdwn: )

I'm boycotting 2006...anyone else?

arsoul said:
I'm boycotting 2006...anyone else?

im game! found out I had broke the tranny hardlines....they run right above the upper controll arm, flexxed it to much i guess broke them both. no idea when it happened so hopefully i didnt burn up the tranny. time for high pressure flexable hose. :fire:

bad news...jacks pass is closed.... gonna be heading up to stossel creek....

Was talking to my friend Chris last night, looks like him and some other guys went up to Jacks Pass on the 14th anyway. :confused: . pictures are here

my buddy went up last weekend...and got caught, and fined....i'd rather spend $300 bucks on my truck than a ticket...

arsoul said:
my buddy went up last weekend...and got caught, and fined....i'd rather spend $300 bucks on my truck than a ticket...

yeah, im with you. which is why i didnt go :thumbsup: . that and my broken tranny lines :rolleyes:

so much for a snow run...stossel creek's where we are headed too friday night. if anyone wants to join, we can meet in duval friday night (will be leaving sometime after 7pm, cell: 206 229 1234).
Heading up with a jeep, yota, my rig and a lifted, locked beattle.
camping next to the river, going to do some exploring, map the area and see if there's any other wheeling other than what i know about up there.
i'll have the off-road chuck wagon, so there will be a full kitchen at camp. dont need to bring all the heavy camping gear if you dont want to.

arsoul said:
i'll have the off-road chuck wagon, so there will be a full kitchen at camp.

Photos? Description? I wanna see it :)

i'll have to find the pics i have of the Off-road chuck wagon in action. its a 4x6 trailer i made from scratch that holds water, propane, icechests, firewood, all that stuff. two sides open up to reveal an old tool box that holds pots, pans and that kinda stuff. theres a counter top in there and also a kitchen sink....rides on 31s and has about 2.5 feet of ground clearance under the axle thanks to the offset axle i made out of 1.75 od 1/4inch thick tube. rides on 2500 pound spindles and trailer springs, which makes it a bit bouncy on the road, but offroad it'll tip 35 degrees before flopping over.

great weekend.....stossel creek has so many old logging roads to explore its not funny....gonna have to head back with more fuel...no extreme wheelin', stuff a stocker could run, but its still fun to get out and drive all over the mountains just to 'see where this goes'.

Pics???????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i'll get the pics up this weekend, not a lot of pics, mainly of the views from the top of the mountains and of camp.

Back