So you want to port your intake manifold? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

So you want to port your intake manifold?

These are ruff pics..I also polished it to a mirror. I had mine ported to the max, to get them to flow right I had to come out the sides to straighten them up.but my port work I take basically to the max and have spare parts if the flow doesnt increase or if I mess the parts up..

oldin_zps952lkuu8.jpg

newin_zpswb7ivzur.jpg

intakeman_zpsla1vscgu.jpg

And my heads...if you dont need these bolts you didnt port enough. ..

IMG_20140528_104414_zpsnumibsab.jpg

And my cc
20140310_163937_zps6jx9fo2g.jpg

Thanks for the picts! That is what I am planning on doing to the intake (except that I have no experience with epoxy- so I hope not to grind that much material out further up). Wow- those chambers look phenomenal :)

I don't think there will be much gain in porting on this motor. If you were to put a bigger camshaft longer rocker arms added headers making the ports bigger will most like hurt performance then gain any. Taking all the material out of the chamber to get it down to a Polish. If you didn't have the heads milled after you just made the chambers bigger which just lowered the 9.1 compression to 8.75 which lost you HP.

I don't think there will be much gain in porting on this motor. If you were to put a bigger camshaft longer rocker arms added headers making the ports bigger will most like hurt performance then gain any. Taking all the material out of the chamber to get it down to a Polish. If you didn't have the heads milled after you just made the chambers bigger which just lowered the 9.1 compression to 8.75 which lost you HP.

Most people would port unless you are doing a cam or other motor work..this motor is soooo restrictive and port work mostly helps.the biggest thing is how small the valves are..and from personally experience you would need to remove ALOT to lower compression to where it would hurt over the gains..yes milling the heads and making sure all cc the same is important. .

I should point out my heads and pictures are in my forged supercharged engine. .im running high boost and over sized valves..

Back