MDPuckett84

Flame On!
Reaction score
City, State
Suwanee GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 XLS 4x4
Hello,
I've been reading about testing fuel pressure and FPR on here and just performed this test on my 2001 SOHC and was looking for a little input. Mainly I can't seem to find a specific mention of exactly what the fuel pressure should be, and for how long it should hold that pressure after the key is turned off. With the engine on the pressure was 65 psi, five minutes after the engine was turned off, the pressure was at 50 psi. Thanks for your input

Haynes Manual (page 4-1) says:

Fuel system pressure (at idle)
Vac hose attached.........................30-45 psi
Vac hose detached.........................40-50 psi
Fuel system hold pressure (after 5 min)....30-65 psi
Fuel Pump pressure (max)......................65 psi

That being said........it doesn't mention which engine.......a would have assumed that the 4.0L ohv was different from the specs for the 4.0L sohc.

Aloha, Mark

Thanks for the numbers. I've seen those on here a few times, then there are a couple posts that make it sounds like 65 is normal at idle. From the numbers you posted, it sounds like my fuel pressure is at the max all the time which probably isnt right. I'm just at a loss as to which numbers to believe.

Haynes Manual (page 4-1) says:

Fuel system pressure (at idle)
Vac hose attached.........................30-45 psi
Vac hose detached.........................40-50 psi
Fuel system hold pressure (after 5 min)....30-65 psi
Fuel Pump pressure (max)......................65 psi

That being said........it doesn't mention which engine.......a would have assumed that the 4.0L ohv was different from the specs for the 4.0L sohc.

Aloha, Mark

Back