SOHC Radiator | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SOHC Radiator

RickOTR

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Sport 4X4

I have not heard of this one. A year ago I had to replace mine. Small crack and leak on the top plastic part of the tank. I ended up with a Silla with Raidator Express. Fit right in. I wished I could have found one of the all aluminum (including tank) radiators but couldn't find one at the time. They look like they make them for the first gen and then starting at 1998. Don't know if they will fit in out 97's.
Hope this helps.

2 row

The 1997 stock radiator had two rows and was two inches thick. Some of the later years had a single row (one inch thick). Some of the less expensive radiators may be single row instead of double row. It looks like the one in the link is a single row which is why it is listed for 1999 thru 2001. I bought a 1997 radiator for my 2000 Sport to get better cooling capacity.

Thanks guys, The one in the link is a single row radiator. I just got off the phone with Rock Auto and the one in the link is a single row. I have the tow package which is a 2 row so it won't work. Radiator shop wants $200 to fix it but I can buy one from Rock Auto for $138. Dealer wanted $488... Wooooow!

Back