• Total voters

Sportster

Reaction score
City, State
WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
Sohc Timing Chain Poll

So what have those with SOHC's experienced?

Feel free to post mileage on vehicle when the repairs were made. Also post if you had to fight with dealers for them to pay for the repairs if done out of warranty.

Heck, post any comments you have on the issue!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thing makes so much damn noise and they said they fixed it once and that is all they can do is once, the other time they said they heard nothing, then I took a ride with them and i heard it and they didnt. I hate ford I would like to punch them in the face

Did the fix myself and the noise is still there. 01M01 next, but taking it to the dealer under warranty, so hopefully that'll get rid of the noise. I've had enough. Though I'd like a new engine, I don't want it to fail and have to deal with all of the trouble of getting it replaced.

Never had a problem, O wait, thats right I have the good 'ole OHV :p

Heh, heh, O wait, those are the ones that crack the heads when they get hot.
Not to mention put out a fair amount less of power. :burnout:

mine started to make the noise at 122000 miles and i couldnt find anyone that could gaurantee that they could fix it. they said, "thats what it sounds like we dont know till we tear it down" my uncle owns a shop and he wouldnt do it nor would any of the mechanics that he knew.they said that it wasnt worth it to fool with it.as for ford they wanted my left arm. i said f it and got a new motor from ford. had my uncle put it in. i know that was both arms. atleast this way i wouldnt have fix it and it still make noise. and i have a warranty now.this all was about two weeks ago

Mine wasn't making noise, but i took it to the local Ford dealer because of the recall and they fixed it. I'm just hoping that i never get the noise so i dont have to worry about it.

they had the car for 2 weeks, replaced the rear chain and gave it back, the noise came back the next day. then they said that they did not hear anything, the next time they said that it was the pullies or the balencer. i am about to take it back again cause the noise is ridiculous when it is cold

Back