Solenoid Pack External Wire Harness | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solenoid Pack External Wire Harness

aag

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Ford Explorer
Hey guys!

Alright so I had to purchase a new external wiring harness connector for my solenoid block after my old one broke. I didn't get a chance to check out which wires went to which pin and my new repair kit has different colored wires.

Does anyone know where I can find an old wiring diagram with the old colors so I can match it up with the new ones?

Also, my new repair kit comes with 12 wires and my old wiring only has 11 so what do I do with the spare wire? Just cap it off?

Many thanks

Hey guys!

Alright so I had to purchase a new external wiring harness connector for my solenoid block after my old one broke. I didn't get a chance to check out which wires went to which pin and my new repair kit has different colored wires.

Does anyone know where I can find an old wiring diagram with the old colors so I can match it up with the new ones?

Also, my new repair kit comes with 12 wires and my old wiring only has 11 so what do I do with the spare wire? Just cap it off?

Many thanks
All the aftermarket connectors come on 12 wires on diff color, you need to ignore one of them, but to install the new one, the best way is number the old wires with masking tape tags and follow carefully the position of the new wires...not easy but possible....

Back