Solving P0171 and P0174 code errors - need help finding a hose! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solving P0171 and P0174 code errors - need help finding a hose!

ddak

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
I took my '97 XLT (V6 4.0L SOHC) to the dealer to diagnose a CEL (P0171 and P0174) and was told that it had leaks in the air intake duct and upper intake manifold gasket. The technician said the air intake duct problem was actually a leak in a small hose that connects to the air inlet duct, between the MAS and the IAT, goes under part of the upper intake manifold and makes a connection just below the IAC valve (Haynes identifies it as one of two crankcase ventilation tubes - I can post pictures). I was told that this hose was only available as a part of an assembly with the air intake duct, which costs ~ $220. Yikes.

I haven't been able to find it locally. Does anyone know where I can find this hose? I plan to replace it first, clear the CEL codes and if they come back, then check for upper manifold gasket leaks.

Also, any special advice for replacement of the upper intake manifold gaskets for a V6 4.0L SOHC, in case I have to go that far? I found descriptions on the Autozone site, the Haynes manual and some for similar engines (Windstar, Ranger (nice posting by KaiserM715 on this forum)).

Thanks in advance for your help!

David

Back