• Register Today It's free!

Some new BL ?s for everyone

STEVE-O

Reaction score
City, State
Greensburg, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 F150
Ok, so heres the deal. My Dad decided that he wants to start modding his 2000 explorer after owning it since new. Well, since my old body lift from my 92 didnt exactly sell, he said he would take it off my hands if i would put it on for him. He said he would also pay for my new body lift for my 99 Ranger. My question is this: what do i need to do to make this lift work on his truck? I mean all the basic stuff is there, but what do I need for it to go smoothly without buying another one of my lifts?
I have access to a welder, bender, a large garage ect. Pretty much everything i could need, I'm just unsure of what all is needed for this. Any and all help will be appreciated greatly.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ah my bad, 3".

I take it that you have the PA #853 ('95-'97 Ranger) kit ojn your 1st gen? To put this one a 2nd Gen X, you will need to order the front bumper brackets from the #883 ('98-'00 Ranger) kit. You can call PA (or any PA retailer) and tell them you wrecked your '99 Ranger and need new front bumper brackets.

ok, im gonna make it worse, For my first gen i had the 3" from trailmaster. It was supposed to fit 91-93 explorers. it did not come with bumper brackets or anything. Oh and my first gen was an explorer. It was a 92... which should make more sense as to why i had this lift in the first place.

DOH!!! I know nothing about the TrailDisaster BLs. Sorry.

CRAP! Yea, i figured i wouldnt be able to find much info out about these. they are the worst. Anyone else got anything? I mean these things cant really be all that much different from each other. Can they?

they can. cant help you much with this one but, be ready to fabricate bumper brackets out of some plate steel. do a search as somewhere on here there is even a diagram

Yea, i can do that. My main concern would be if there is anything else that i need. I can make bumper brackets myself, and i new i would have to to begin with. My question is there anything else i need? i can make pretty much anything, but i just dont wanna go into this project too too blind. I mean my dad will end up needing his truck back at some point, so i figured the easier i can make it the faster i will get it done. Thanks for the replies.

Back