Someone help me buy something on autozone? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Someone help me buy something on autozone?

ornithology

Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 X Sport2dr 4.0 V6 XLT
Hi guys,
I'm from Canada and I want to buy 1" lowering blocks from autozone. However, I need to have a US credit card and billing address in order to work. I was wondering if I paypal someone to buy something for me and have it shipped to my american address in Point Roberts, Washington? They are only $29.99 and shipping is maybe $5. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I doubt anyone will nibble on this one, with the worries the situation would bring up...

Can you buy a prepaid credit card at a US gas station and use that?

The issue I see you facing is that even though someone may be so nice as to agree to this, but Autozone will probably want to ship to an address registered to the cardholder. So many online retailers insist on this. You may wish to touch base with Autozone up front to see what their policies are.

Also, if you plan to Paypal someone funds to assist you, tack on 3% to your total so that the helper isn't out of pocket the approx 3% Paypal will charge them for receiving your money. (i.e. get "helper" to send you a copy of the Autozone total and then take the total X 1.03 to come up with the amount you want to Paypal someone).

Been there, done that (not Autozone, but I have made arrangements with American friends in the past to help me out).

p.s. You're in Vancouver. See if Mopac can help you out. I've used them many times in Calgary and they often get their hands on obscure parts I need for LESS than it costs me to get it in the US.

Cool thanks guys for the input. I'll try Mopac. I'm not too sure about prepaid credit cards though, those don't require registration and such.

Man...lowering blocks up here are $54 for a set....autozone sells it for $29.99. What the hell? Nearly twice the cost up here, sheesh, our exchange rate isn't THAATT bad is it?

..ok it is. :) Thanks guys for the help.

p.s. You're in Vancouver. See if Mopac can help you out. I've used them many times in Calgary and they often get their hands on obscure parts I need for LESS than it costs me to get it in the US.

Celly I luvs you long time.
I called Mopac and it's only $35 for the blocks. After the conversion rate from $29.99 and the US mailbox fee, it ends up to $37. Best part is, they're in town! Yay. Gonna pick those up and lower my X woooohoo :bounce:

Celly I luvs you long time.
I called Mopac and it's only $35 for the blocks. After the conversion rate from $29.99 and the US mailbox fee, it ends up to $37. Best part is, they're in town! Yay. Gonna pick those up and lower my X woooohoo :bounce:

I've saved $$$ with Mopac in the past on lots of things vis a vis US sellers.

FYI, $29.99 US is around $38 CAD (using the gouge rates that credit cards and Paypal charge, a 4% premium over the cheapest rate which is around 1.23 today). Even if you could get them for $5 US shipped, that's another $6.30 CAD or so. Then you have to drive across and risk having to pay duty and GST as well and the mailbox fee you mentioned. You're at least $10 ahead with Mopac already. Not unusual. I've saved more than that on other purchases with them.

Glad to be of service. I just wish the Calgary Mopac didn't have such a lousy location or I'd be there all the time. I love that store. :)

Yeah I never even heard of Mopac before. Glad I'm on this forum...man I gotta go Elite soon....

Yeah I never even heard of Mopac before. Glad I'm on this forum...man I gotta go Elite soon....

My first purchase from them was my Flowmaster muffler I had on my old Sport. They were about $50 less than anywhere in town. I've also got Powerslot rotors and Hawk pads from them (twice), MSD coil packs (way cheaper than US), my Yellow Top battery (best price in town) and lots more. They sell VHT Nightshades too. That stuff is hard to find and they're cheaper than any US online place too.

Take the time to look around they're store. They're a cool shop and can special order just about anything. I've heard their BC stores are much bigger than the Calgary one too (they're based out there).

Cool- glad that worked out! :)

You know, the cost of going Elite is juuuuust about exactly what Celly just saved ya on your blocks... :D

Cool- glad that worked out! :)

You know, the cost of going Elite is juuuuust about exactly what Celly just saved ya on your blocks... :D

I knew someone was gonna say that lol.

Back