someone please help!!! 3" BL on 1st gen gone sour! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

someone please help!!! 3" BL on 1st gen gone sour!

done. just awaiting a reply.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tell me this...If your X is for sale, then why are you putting so much money for modifications into it???

-Ken

the 91 4-dr is for sale. the mods are on my 93 sport. the 91 actually belongs to my girlfriend but it resides at my house. her parents moved 50 miles away but she still works and goes to school locally, so her dad co-signed for a 2000 cavalier. now, we need to sell the 91 so she can pay him back (she bought it from him) so that he can order the body for his heep that hes been building.

HERS (ours):
gen008.jpg

MINE ( not recent):
sidetires.jpg

OURS:
compare.jpg

ok, got pics!

bldoner.JPG

bldonedr.JPG

bldonepas.JPG

unfortunately, the rear bumper sticks out some:
bldonebum.JPG

...and the shift boot is hacked up
shifthack.JPG

had to do a little fender trimming too
trimfl.JPG

flex pics!

the best i could get...on a some dirt hills at the local meijer:
flex1.JPG

flex2.JPG

flex3.JPG

flex4.JPG

flex5.JPG

flex6.JPG

flex7.JPG

ok, to whom it may concern: i dityched the rear bumper brackets i had bought and had some made at a cost of $30. they are 1/2" thick and required i notch the frame and the bumper but they make it look so much better because it sits back in where it was supposed to.

i used this diagram, from the site:

attachment.php

i will get pics up as soon as i can of mine.

rear, after custom brackets....the ones i had made.

Attachments

• rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 157

what the bracket looks like:

Attachments

• rearbracket1a.jpg
    rearbracket1a.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 160

Im about to install the 3" body lift on my 1992 X can you tell me if I need a steering extension

probably not. see the other thread.

if you buy the Performance Accesories of James Duff kit, it will comw with one.

if you buy the trailmaster, it wont. BUY THE PERFORMANCE ACCESORIES KIT. it also comes with the dropdown brackets for the fan shroud.

actually, they were in my for sale thread...the black rims have been gone for a few weeks.

Back