Source for aftermarket mirror and taillight? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Source for aftermarket mirror and taillight?

Knotdun

Reaction score
City, State
Rockville Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
I need to replace the glass (or whole mirror assembly if that is the only way it is sold) on the passenger side of 1998 Explorer, and also replace the right rear taillight assembly (it, and a tree, came together).

Are there sources online that you guys have had luck with in buying after market body parts like this?

and for mirrors something like Kleer-Vue, but any place someone has had luck with will be a point in the right direction.

Got a good piece of advise of this board couple of weeks ago - that some replacement alternators come without pulley. I was about to buy from place that, indeed, did not have pulley (NAPA).

Your best bet is ebay. I just bought a brand new tail light for my 95 for $40 shipped.

Mirror Glass

I found the mirror glass only replacement at Pep Boys here in San Diego. I dont remenber seeing one for your year but wasn't really looking either. They are out there but I did have a hard time. Also, go used before considering buying new. Used will save around 50%

Good Luck

Back