• Register Today It's free!

spark plugs for 4.6

dmonds03

Reaction score
City, State
Miramar, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac
Suggestions on the best spark plugs for the 4.6 motor?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Stock is good for 100,000 miles. Why fool with a sure thing?

That's the feedback I needed to hear.. didn't realize that..

I'm getting close to the 100,000 range...
I'm looking at the NGK Iridium IX... i think are way better than the Bosch Platinum ones...

You guys need to be careful with teh PLUGS!!! ONLY get 1 piece plugs...

There is a TSB out that talks about this. The stock plugs after use get stuck in the Heads and WILL NOT COME OUT without major work! They are 2-piece and tend to separate casuing a piece to get lodged in the head.

I would reccomend BRISK plugs or the 1-piece plug from "Champion"

THIS IS A BIGGER ISSUE THAN YOU REALIZE!

I have 43k on mine.. do you recommend changing them out now to a one-piece instead of waiting for the 2-piece plugs to weaken?

I have 43k on mine.. do you recommend changing them out now to a one-piece instead of waiting for the 2-piece plugs to weaken?
the problem here is that it is a pretty expensive labor job to have done at the dealership.....becasue the plugs are "Supposed to be good" for 100k. FORD Knows that and also knows the warranty only goes to 36k miles....see the problem!?

The dealer will charge you and will not cover it under warranty.

They told me to run some injector cleaner through the engine first, so I did and then remove the plugs - came out pretty clean! Using the Champion one-piece plugs! (I hope NGK comes out with a nice Iridium set later in the near future!) I'd rather do this now while I can before the plug seizes into the head! Now I don't have to worry for the future if I must remove them again! :)

They told me to run some injector cleaner through the engine first, so I did and then remove the plugs - came out pretty clean! Using the Champion one-piece plugs! (I hope NGK comes out with a nice Iridium set later in the near future!) I'd rather do this now while I can before the plug seizes into the head! Now I don't have to worry for the future if I must remove them again! :)

What kind of Champions did you use and do you have the part #? Thanks

Back