• Register Today It's free!

Speaker System layout advice

PizzaRoll

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas City, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Sport
Ok this is just a idea of mine that i want pass by some people..

head unit - Pioneer DEH-P7400MP

4 infinity kappa 572.3cf 100watt rms speakers for the doors and back powered by US Acoustics
USX4085 which is 84 watts rms/channel

2 front Infinity Reference 105T tweeters silk dome(Because i have heard that the ceramic speaker cones on the tweeters of the 572.3cf dont fully cover all the way down to the midrange woofer) they will be mounted on the front top dash, left and right. ( also to produce more of a stereo sound.) powered by a Orion Cobalt CS 100.2

then for subs
Dual infinity kappa perfect 10' powered by US Acoustics
USX800D (the subs well be run in series which will drop the ohm to 2 and allow 600watts rms. (which 350rms per speaker) but i have heard that you are able to blow the subs fairly easily

i want some feed back to tell me what you think with suggestions and advice.

thx,
PizzaRoll

With a plain ol' nothing going on (yet) 97' sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that looks like a GREAT sound quality system.
it's going to be amazing. excellent choices. you did a great job of matching everything up.

i mean run the subs in parallel to drop the ohm to 2

ive got the infinity kappa's in my explorer now been running them for awhile without an amp and sound great. But im gonna be putting 100watts rms to them tommorow ill tell you how they sound. Also i dont know how you would run the tweeter becasue the infinities come with a specific crossover for there tweet, you might want to check into it

i would use the tweeters anyways.. i have just been noticeing how most of the sound comming from the factory speakers sticks to the floor.. so with the tweeters i am try to produce more of a full sound. not just filling to bottem of the car..

o yea...... one question.. does anybody know how to make the damn head unit on a 97 sport take the tape deck converter? im gussing since there is no resistance on the mechinism that turns the tape it realizes that it is not a tape and then ejects it :( any suggestions?

Back