Sport Trac Accessories Thread | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sport Trac Accessories Thread

Steeda Underdrive Pulley Kit 701-0005A

Just so you all know,

Steeda Underdrive Pulley Kit 701-0005A.

Fits perfectly on the 07+ Gen2 4.6L 3V V8 Sport Trac.

Throttle response is much better, revs faster and runs smoother.

Very good mod for the money.

Can be found for about $199 at www.brenspeed.com and www.steedatruck.com.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

K&N Intakes That Work With V8 ST 07+

Priced with bestoffer4 code @ performancepeddler.com. Update 10/27/10: use discount code clubgp and it's another $10-$12 off!

57-2573 FIPK 11.0 HP @ 4500 RPM $254.27 Shipped.

63-2573 Aircharger 11.0 HP @ 4500 RPM $274.19 Shipped.

77-2573KP 77 Kit 10.0 HP @ 4700 RPM $253.75 Shipped.

Basically the 57 and 63 series are the exact same unit. One has a different name so that it can be sold in California. The 57 Series is $20 less than the 63 series.

The 77 is their polished tube unit. It has the least amount of HP gain of the three.

Questions to K&N:
It says that the 63 series is the sister to the 57 Series. What does that mean?

What is the difference between 63-2573 and 57-2573?

Is one better than the other?

Their Answers:

The K&N 57-Series Generation 2 Fuel Injection Performance Kits and 63-Series Aircharger Performance Kits are, in most cases (this one included) the same product, and share the same components between the two systems. Fuel Injection Performance Kits (FIPKs) have been declared exempt by the California Air Resources Board, and carry a current and valid executive order (E.O.) number certifying them as legal for highway use in California, and states which recognize California emissions laws, for the vehicle applications each system is listed for. Aircharger Performance Kits are the same as Fuel Injection Performance Kits which have not yet been declared exempt by CARB.

Electric Exhaust Cutout: DMH Performance.

I've had a couple of these. They go after the last cat w/ sensor. They bypass your entire cat back exhaust system. It's kind of like running straight pipes except they have even less restriction.

You can adjust the opening valve position to allow partial exhaust flow or open it fully in about 3 seconds for unrestricted flow. This is all done with the press of a rocker switch mounted anywhere you want.

The sound is deep and very loud. If you have a family that rides in your car with you, this is the perfect setup because you can shut the valve and enjoy your OEM exhaust or whatever you have after the cat.

I noticed a small top end gain. I noticed a small low end loss that was eliminated once SCT was able to tune my transmission from fastpartsnetwork.com by Torrie McPhail.

All cutout pipes and devices sound exactly the same. What separates DMH from the rest is the product quality, insanely good customer service and their 4 year product warrenty.

They only cost about $199 with a y-pipe.

Www.dmhperformance.com

I purchased one used from a site member a couple years ago. It didn't last long. Even though I didn't buy it from an authorized dealer, DMH still fixed it when it failed. Turns out the device was fine. The wiring that I paid someone to do, at a pro auto modding shop, was faulty. They cleaned my unit and sent it back with a brand new wiring harness, switch and install instructions.

How about a picture of a hood scoop from mrhoodscoop - came painted and took 20 min to install.

100_0539.jpg

I like that.. Do you have a link to Mr. Hoodscoop?

Has anybody had any luck lowering a STA !! I really dont want to do an air ride set up and would prefer a coil over kit. I have contacted at least 5 suspension companies with no luck ! any one have any advice or know of any companies ??

I may be looking at the supercharger install as I have an M90 laying around somewhere in the garage. get a heat exchanger and the rest is easy.

bolting on the supercharger is easy but the heat exchanger is more complex you need all the plumbing to hook it up and a pump. And since they don't make a supercharged STA you will have to fab it all from scratch.

I used to work at a mustang race shop, nothing but 4.6's. I'm sure it'll be some work and it may take awile with my work schedule

Man...I like that hoodscoop...

Almost all of the links in the first post of this thread - do not work.

Bad links removed, thanks!

FYI, the rear window deflectors for the Gen 1 models do fit the Gen 2 models also.

Does anyone have a pic of the K&N 77-2573KP - Performance Intake Kit installed? Thx

Thank you for the Vid. Cheers!!

1st post-

What's the deal with the bumper grille, they just don't come with one?

I noticed it was missing when I bought it and figured I could just pick up a stock one somewhere later. I was surprised to notice that the truck doesn't come with a bumper grille, except for the adrenaline model (I think).

Now I'm looking at bumper grilles and the only ones available are billet. I'm wondering if that will look off with the rest of the stock grille, or if I should just order it and give it a chance.

Anyway, isn't it a good idea to have that area protected? There are hoses, radiator, etc. unprotected.

Thoughts?

If these help, I got my magnaflow part#14236 from these guys over here magnaflow 14236, or you can try one of the vendors here, they are always running sales/specials, very professional complete with warranty and delivered right on time. :salute::salute:

Is this the muffler you used in your Sport Trac? I was looking for a newer muffler to put on my 07 STLtd which would give me a slightly more aggressive sound than the stock.

Is this the muffler you used in your Sport Trac? I was looking for a newer muffler to put on my 07 STLtd which would give me a slightly more aggressive sound than the stock.

Yes

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Steeda Underdrive Pulley Kit 701-0005A

Just so you all know,

Steeda Underdrive Pulley Kit 701-0005A.

Fits perfectly on the 07+ Gen2 4.6L 3V V8 Sport Trac.

Throttle response is much better, revs faster and runs smoother.

Very good mod for the money.

Can be found for about $199 at www.brenspeed.com and www.steedatruck.com.

I was looking into this mod and found some alternative performance pulley kits which are a lot cheaper than the Steeda. However, and as expected, they are intended for various mustangs that ran the 4.6L. I cross-referenced with Ford and appears that all the pulley part numbers for the mustangs match our 2nd Gen Sport Tracs with the 4.6L. Can anyone weigh in on whether these other pulley kits should work. Here is one I found on BBK for 96-01 mustangs:

http://www.bbkperformance.com/produ...um-underdrive-pulley-kit---reconditioned.html

Thanks!

Back