Sport Trac lift options

JustForKicks

Reaction score
City, State
Jacksonville, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac
Hey yall

Just wanderin if anyone has heard of the ROX Ford explorer ranger lift kit. I see it all over eBay and for sale on other sites but it seems to good to be true. It includes forged keys, shocks, and extra springs for for a 3" front and 2" rear lift for under $300. This seems too good to be true. I have a 2004 Ford Sport Trac 2wd and I wanted to do a TT and shackle lift with an added leaf cause it's the cheapest lift option but i WAS hoping to get more like 3-4 inches of lift. Are there any other ideas to get the kind of lift I want for cheap? I'm going for looks so I can fit bigger wheels. Maybe 33's?

I also saw the option to do ranger edge spindles but from what I've read and seen on YouTube, you have to replace the rotors with 11" ranger rotors and people seem to have problems with the control arm getting in the way of installation.

Any advice would be great! Like I said, id like to get 3-4" of lift for around $300 or less.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

torsion keys are a scam....you can get 3in from just a TT WITHOUT KEYS
on 2WDs.

that short add a leaf WILL NOT give you 2ins in the rear....more like 1 in.

get the long leaf.....that will give you 2 or more.....its longer, thicker, and
stronger than the short leaf.

or you can get 2in lift shackles, and actually get your "too good to be true"
lift....for under $100 bucks.

now you were talking 3in lift spindles. add this with a TT up front
for 6in up there!!!!....lol sometimes a wish mine was 2WD...lol easy.

in the rear you SOA, or do a doable add a leaf and shackles to match the front.
or add a leaf, load shocks, and shackles. you,ll need to find what combo works
for you and the lift you want back there

good luck and enjoy

:salute:

Couldn't you flip the rear axle?? I know on my 97 xplorer the leafs bolt under the axle, so if you make your leafs bolt above the axle that should give you a good lift in the rear

Idk if the make a kit for that...

Couldn't you flip the rear axle?? I know on my 97 xplorer the leafs bolt under the axle, so if you make your leafs bolt above the axle that should give you a good lift in the rear

Idk if the make a kit for that...

What you're talking about is the SOA (spring over axle), you don't really flip the axle. What you do is weld new mounting points for the leaf springs above the axle. From threads around here it seems really cheap to do but takes some good fabrication. I don't think anyone makes a kit for it, just has to be fabbed up.

What you're talking about is the SOA (spring over axle), you don't really flip the axle. What you do is weld new mounting points for the leaf springs above the axle. From threads around here it seems really cheap to do but takes some good fabrication. I don't think anyone makes a kit for it, just has to be fabbed up.

they do make kits for earlier model jeeps, with front and rear leafs to do
a SOA on both axles. other than that, ive never seen any other kits.

torsion keys are a scam....you can get 3in from just a TT WITHOUT KEYS
on 2WDs.

that short add a leaf WILL NOT give you 2ins in the rear....more like 1 in.

get the long leaf.....that will give you 2 or more.....its longer, thicker, and
stronger than the short leaf.

or you can get 2in lift shackles, and actually get your "too good to be true"
lift....for under $100 bucks.

now you were talking 3in lift spindles. add this with a TT up front
for 6in up there!!!!....lol sometimes a wish mine was 2WD...lol easy.

in the rear you SOA, or do a doable add a leaf and shackles to match the front.
or add a leaf, load shocks, and shackles. you,ll need to find what combo works
for you and the lift you want back there

good luck and enjoy

How do load shocks work and where can I find them. A double leaf and shackles would get me 4 inches but that wouldn't match the front 6" that you mentioned from the TT and spindles. Also, do I have to replace the rotors in the front if I do get spindles?

I know rockauto has them....they are just load handling shocks
(a shock with a coil around it, to take some load).

ive herd of guys getting 1.5 to 2ins with these shocks.

not sure about the spindles and rotors. whatever it is, it would be a simple fix.

Found ten pages searching "Monroe SensaTrac Load Adjusting Shocks"

Yes, you'll need to downgrade your rotors when using the Edge lift spindles. IMO, not a particularly good idea when increasing tire size.

Any advice would be great! Like I said, id like to get 3-4" of lift for around $300 or less.

This is all getting a little too complicated to just run 33s. Just add a leaf or add shackles to the rear; one or the other will be sufficient. Mount 33s and twist the torsion bolt until the front tires clear. Get an alignment. Take the extra hundred dollars and get good spacers for the rear wheels. Done and under budget.

Ok thanks guys. I think I will do the TT on the front and on the back I will either do the shackles with the added leaf or or shackles with a spacer lift or some combination of them. Thanks for the input

I have coil over shocks on the rear of my 97 and they brought the rear end up just a tad but nothing significant. I bought mine from oriellys and I believe they cost around 70 bucks

Back