• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

sport trac timing chain

koda2000

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
x
Nice set up just was out of my price range. So I went with oil pan to 12 volt electric pump to the oil filter adapter should cost me right around 200 bucks.

Yeah, I had originally sourced the parts to go with an electric pump system, but I prefer the simplicity and reliability of the Insta-Lube system. With 2 grand worth of new parts and a ton a labor I figure what's a few hundred bucks more.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Sporting2dr

Reaction score
City, State
fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 explore sport 4.0l 4x4
Yeah, I had originally sourced the parts to go with an electric pump system, but I prefer the simplicity and reliability of the Insta-Lube system. With 2 grand worth of new parts and a ton a labor I figure what's a few hundred bucks more.
I thought the same thing when I spent the money. But then I lost my job right after doing all the TC. So I figured something was better than nothing. And once I get a job I will spend the money to get the right stuff and put this one on my Expedition. I'd like to see your setup once you're done

donalds

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 ford explorer sohc
This is the system I use
I charged it with 2psi of air a few years ago
With a bike pump while it was empty . ... air compressor was way to much..
I don't dump it at oil changes I just start the truck when cold so it fills with Max pressure
About a quart in there
then change the oil normal

That way when I start it after the oil change No dry start all us shoc owners know about that dry start lol

koda2000

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
x
I thought the same thing when I spent the money. But then I lost my job right after doing all the TC. So I figured something was better than nothing. And once I get a job I will spend the money to get the right stuff and put this one on my Expedition. I'd like to see your setup once you're done

I can't say when I'll actually be done, but @donalds installed the Insta-Lube system and I think he has photos. It's a really simple system where the engine provides pressurized oil to the reservoir/tank, which stores the pressurized oil and then releases it back into the engine before starting. The electric pump system works equally well, but is a lot more bulky and the electric pump is the weak link. IIRC the Insta-Lube system just uses an electric solenoid valve to release the oil from the reservoir back into the engine.

Sporting2dr

Reaction score
City, State
fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 explore sport 4.0l 4x4
I can't say when I'll actually be done, but @donalds installed the Insta-Lube system and I think he has photos. It's a really simple system where the engine provides pressurized oil to the reservoir/tank, which stores the pressurized oil and then releases it back into the engine before starting. The electric pump system works equally well, but is a lot more bulky and the electric pump is the weak link. IIRC the Insta-Lube system just uses an electric solenoid valve to release the oil from the reservoir back into the engine.
I will have to take a look at his post once I learn how to find it. I'm new to this site and still trying to find my way around but with all these advertisements it drives you crazy. LOL