• Register Today It's free!

Sport with 4-door leafs and AAL

manimal

Reaction score
City, State
Gig Harbor WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
OK. Currently my '91 Sport is riding on 4-door packs and shackles in the rear, and still doesn't sit even with the front, so I'm adding an AAL. I currently am overhauling the original 2-door pack, which doesn't appear to be worn out. I'm thinking that when I pull the 4-door pack, I might remove the additional leaf and add it to this pack before I install the AAL.

When I originally installed the 4-door pack, it didn't help with the ride height much at all - maybe 1/2" at most.

Any one running a 4-door pack on a Sport with an AAL and think it's too stiff?

How about those that lifted a Sport using the original Sport pack with just an AAL? Was it enough?

Well I think I may have answered my own question.

First, the 4-door pack is still not as stiff as the Duff progressive coils I have in front, so I think they should match up after the AAL.

The 4-door packs are also in better shape with regards to silencing pads, which I could transfer to the 2-door pack if I had to.

I think I'll just prep the main leaf from the 2-door pack (I'm putting in Energy poly bushings) then combine it with the rest of the 4-door pack and the AAL once I've removed that from the truck.

i have a sport with 4 door leaf packs and 2 aal's and it doesn't seem to stiff.granted i only have a few miles of driving time on them but they seem fine.

Back