• Register Today It's free!

srs light and power seats

daexploder

Reaction score
City, State
Cleveland
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Explorer 4x4
I did an install of some power seats into my 99 explorer that previously had only manual seats. I ran all the wiring and grounds and the seats work great but the two wires that were attached to the manual seats (which I'm now assuming to be some type of srs sensor) are just kind of hanging out underneath my seats. Now with the new seats set up my srs airbag light comes on when Im driving, does anyone know if I can just splice these wires into the set up I have going on now and make the light go away?

I did an install of some power seats into my 99 explorer that previously had only manual seats. I ran all the wiring and grounds and the seats work great but the two wires that were attached to the manual seats (which I'm now assuming to be some type of srs sensor) are just kind of hanging out underneath my seats. Now with the new seats set up my srs airbag light comes on when Im driving, does anyone know if I can just splice these wires into the set up I have going on now and make the light go away?

You should be able to do that. You will need to check the wiring diagram for the seats to determine which wires are for the SRS. Good luck.

Back