STA Front Hub Assy/Wheel bearing | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

STA Front Hub Assy/Wheel bearing

Adrenalin_Don

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin
Hi everyone,

Alas, my front wheel bearings are finally going. I'm looking for opinions from those with experience on a replacement front hub assembly for my 2010 STA.

Timken replacements are ~$180 but there are alternatives like Pronto and FEQ hubs for as little as $100.

I was going to buy the Timken assy, but I wanted to post here first and ask if anyone has had any good/bad first hand experience with either the Timkens or the cheaper brands.

Thanks!

Note: I do a fair amount of boat towing in the summer - if that matters.

P.S. First post!

I am 3 years and 60000 kms into a 60 dollar Chinese unit from prime choice auto parts with no signs of failure (knock on wood) if that's any help. Temp range from -40 deg c in the winter to +35c in the summer. Off road and on road driving. Just make sure you follow the torque specs very very very carefully when installing. I cant overstate how important the correct torque is.

I am 3 years and 60000 kms into a 60 dollar Chinese unit from prime choice auto parts with no signs of failure (knock on wood) if that's any help. Temp range from -40 deg c in the winter to +35c in the summer. Off road and on road driving. Just make sure you follow the torque specs very very very carefully when installing. I cant overstate how important the correct torque is.

Did exactly this and installed it yesterday. I used the torque specs from the ST service manual. So far so good!

Thanks for the advice, I saved a bundle on the hub assy as Prime Choice is based out of Ottawa. Every other site was from the US.

Cheers

Back