• Register Today It's free!

stalling issues on 1997 ranger

bnelson155

Reaction score
City, State
columbus ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 ford ranger
i could really use some help if anyone on here has any ideas i would really appreciate it i have a 1997 ranger with a 2.3 liter 5 speed manual transmission my problem is it starts ok and idles fine until you accelerate when it comes back to idle it stalls out after it has done this a few times it becomes hard to start i have replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, idle air controller fuel pressure regulator, plugs wires coil packs, and battery

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i could really use some help if anyone on here has any ideas i would really appreciate it i have a 1997 ranger with a 2.3 liter 5 speed manual transmission my problem is it starts ok and idles fine until you accelerate when it comes back to idle it stalls out after it has done this a few times it becomes hard to start i have replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, idle air controller fuel pressure regulator, plugs wires coil packs, and battery
I know this is a old thread, was wondering what you did to fix it, mine has a similar problem, very aggrivating

Have you checked for codes?

Classic vaccum leak symptoms.... U got a vaccum controlled fuel pressure regulator..ect... Yea it might idle okay but there's probably major issues with that sysem if I hit the gas and it dies...vaccum

Back