start of construction for 15, a 10, amp rack w. two batteries and maybe a screen | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

start of construction for 15, a 10, amp rack w. two batteries and maybe a screen

so it all sounds amazing, the subs hit very accurately at any frequency from 25-100 hz.. Everything from the eagles, to pink floyd, to chingy sounds great, they reproduce everythign accurately. as i turn up the bass it is just bottomless. i turn the bass knob and it gets louder, then louder then louder. its accurate even at the extremes and its sick, sick spl.

the front 3-ways are also very impressive (but i've reviewed them in the past) i'm giving them tons of power and they are smooth, loud, accurate and just great for the $$.

honestly, the combination of just those and the subs are so good, i am considering just being doen with it audio wise and spending any other money i would have put into the stereo on video stuff and the rest of the truck.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wow that looks really good, way to show off the huge magnets on those bitaches!

That is looking good....

i call bs till i see DB numbers

BWA!!!! j/k dude looking good now u just need to mail me all ur old stuff =) lol

What color is the MDF going to be colored? Black?

the front and rear facing parts of the box will be black carpet

the top surface will be molded into some crazy shape (and it will fill out to the windows and between the two "boxes") then it will be painted gloss black with green and gold flames

Ok Ok!!! it is looking really good. It is nice to see all your hard work paying off. cant wait till I can get down there and check it out I bet is sounds really good.... Congratulations

Originally posted by expo5.0
the front and rear facing parts of the box will be black carpet

the top surface will be molded into some crazy shape (and it will fill out to the windows and between the two "boxes") then it will be painted gloss black with green and gold flames

Ahhh...how much vision out the rear do you have?

so i guess that movie your watching isn't so interesting?

oh its not THAT tall that it blocks my vision. I can see between them just fine- lol. I'll post a pic of the view out the rear view mirror. Anyways, if you look close you can see i've done the side windows with 2.5% over the factory. I have a rear view camera coming soon and i will install that and then tint the rear window with 2.5% as well. I'm hoping it will be dark enough that i won't get caught by the cops with my lcd on from behind. I don't expect to see out the rear at all though after doing that.

here's the situation

Attachments

• subrearview.jpg
    subrearview.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 267

Those batteries...are they sealed like optimas, with gel cells or what...you cant flip regular batteries for long....

yeah, they are sealed and could be mounted at any angle. they also have 2400 max amps each... they are svr and designed just for this sort of application. right now i haven't gotten my 200 amp alternator in the mail yet, and with these back there i see no dimming whatsover in the interior lights or the headlights with the system running hard. I'm between voltmeters right now though so i can't tell you if i do get some voltage drop or not (i hope i do so that there is a reason to upgrade the alt since i already payed for it) but it can't be too large of one.

yeah, they are sealed and could be mounted at any angle. they also have 2400 max amps each... they are svr and designed just for this sort of application. right now i haven't gotten my 200 amp alternator in the mail yet, and with these back there i see no dimming whatsover in the interior lights or the headlights with the system running hard. I'm between voltmeters right now though so i can't tell you if i do get some voltage drop or not (i hope i do so that there is a reason to upgrade the alt since i already payed for it) but it can't be too large of one.

Wait a sec...sealed but still lead acid?

no they are gel cell or whatever (<---- doesn't know much about the batteries other than that they work a hell of a lot better than caps)

no they are gel cell or whatever (<---- doesn't know much about the batteries other than that they work a hell of a lot better than caps)

LOL!

a quick google search yielded this about the battery

http://www.supremedream.org/parts/svr.htm

and also this-

The SVR Line | SVR Power Users
Way cool sound demands way more juice than most puny car batteries can pump out. That's why you need an SVR Battery. They Give your audio system what it craves – a safe fully sealed source of primary or reserve power that blows the doors off ordinary batteries and capacitors. The SPL champions know what fits, works and wins. SVR!

Power to Perform
Higher amperage output than ordinary batteries.

Sealed Design
Advanced dry-cell technology means no maintenance and no corrosion.

Deep Cycle
Provides superior deep discharge and recovery.

Faster Recharging
Lower internal resistance ensures quicker recharging.

Popular Sizes
More choices make SVR a better fit for any installation.

Thanks for the info...:D

when you have inverted subs does it throw as much air or is there a spot in that box where air can get out. i know my sealed box allows for a lot of air to be thrown and i don't know if less air would be thrown around if it was inverted. i hope i'm making sense.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

they behave just like in a sealed box with them oriented the other way

Back