• Register Today It's free!

starting question

kdogg212001

Reaction score
City, State
stockton, california
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
ok once and a great while, i will go somewhere and just stop at my destination, and for some reason have to move my car, well i go to start my car and these are my symptoms: i can no longer hear my fuel pump, on my dash my check engine light does not light up like it normally does when you turn the key on and it wont start but cranks over, the weird thing is that it only does it once and a great while i mean i thought i had a bad fuel pump, or something electrical, but then it worked fine for about a couple months the it happend again, so any help on what it could be ????????????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

try and check the engine ground wire bolt on the right side of the engine block. THe bolt is a 13mm bolt that is located rearward of the engine mount bracket. Make sure the bolt is tight.

ok i could check that bolt but how would that effect the fuel supply, i mean what does that wire ground off?
is it a common thing for that wire to come loose????

I once seen one with a loose bolt and it would not start some times. Also make sure the battery terminals are good.

No check engine light tends to point to a bad ECM relay. This would keep the CE light from turning on. Since they are cheap, I'd replace the ECM and fuel pump relay at this time. Located under the fuse distribution box on the fender.

ok i could give that a try i mean its a 94 and i guess you could say that its about time for new relays!!!

Back