• Register Today It's free!

starts but wont stay running

quadethecelt

Reaction score
City, State
Milbridge Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 limited
My 94 limited will start fine , no skipping, or anything unusual, after meby 5 seconds it just runs down like its running out of fuel. I have fuel , swapped the relay with another, no change. Ran the self diagnostic codes and got 341 : 341 or 34:13:41 pause 34:13:41 not sure which ... I have a new fuel filter to install just because it probably needs it anyway.. Was just wondering if anyone could steer me in the right direction as far as which sensors it may be if thats the problem.... any help would be great....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks brooklyn , the update is i swapped the ecc relay with the fuel pump rely because i was sure the fuel relay was working (could hear the fuel pump on the rail) and after a couple tries it started runs a lil rough.. at an idle it seems to run up and down about 3 hundred rpms,,, if i feather it and run it up to 2 k it runs up and down about 5 hundred rpms but will stay running pretty smooth. no skips really... from an idle if i step on it it will choke and die ,,, going to replace filter right now and see whats next... did pull a plug after choke die thing and it was dry so am thinking not enough fuel.....also i did just take a long trip and filled up twice,, which i havent in quite a while.... meby knocked some gunk lose in the tank ... any way ty again and any other ideas would be great ....

thanks .. where is the idle control selanoid located... looked around in here for awhile but couldnt find anything.... thanks

ok so here i am after getting a ride home... was running good after fuel filter ... cleaning mas and idle control dumped in some injection cleaner and was running pretty good though it still had a skip power loss under 2k.. but if you feathered it a bit and didnt cram on the gas it would run ok... went about 4 miles and it started bogging down and no power pulled over it would clear its self... stopped at store and turned it off .. when i tried to restart it wouldnt kick can hear fuel pump comming up and switched a relay again and still nuthing...... ran self codes and got cm 543 the koeo was 111 havent tested fuel pressure yet
any ideas ????

I'm dealing with a similar issue. Even though I can hear the fuel pump come on, it isn't generating enough pressure. As has already been suggested, I would put a gauge on it to see if fuel delivery is up to spec. The CM 543 suggests a possible fuel pump circuit problem.

Back