State by State Emissions... (What is up VA?) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

State by State Emissions... (What is up VA?)

PandorasCustoms

Reaction score
City, State
Kissimmee, Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Sport
So, I might be having an employment transition soon, and with this, I will be moving up to the quaint little state of Virginia.
Now, the best thing I have always loved about Florida, NO EMISSIONS TESTING!
I just recently ordered MAF (K&N Cone Filter Mod), Borla Pro XS Muffler and the Magnaflow High-Flow catalytic converter.

None of it has been delivered yet, but I was wondering if this would be a "No-No" for emissions testing in VA...

Anyone know?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Depends on where in VA. But none of that sounds like it would fail you.

To the best of my understanding, in Virginia you only have to have your primary cat(s), whether it's two, one on each header.. or one, after the y pipe. This is just what my guy, (Lakeside Auto, if your moving to Richmond..) said.

I currently have one cat at the y pipe, FM exhaust system and a cheapo K&N intake. I've passed inspection twice with the setup on the OHV motor. I think you'll be fine but don't quote me. :)

Yeah, I have no real idea where yet.
So far I have been looking on the North East side.
Essentially, my job might be out of DC, so....

Essentially, my job might be out of DC, so....

Two words man, Tra. - Ffic. hahah

My uncle commutes from Fredericksburg to Arlington for work, +/- 50 miles that takes him close to two hours to do.

Sounds like you landed a sweet job in DC though, good luck man!:thumbsup:

Yeah, my father-in-law commutes from Glenndale, MD to K-street every day.
But, the hours I am looking at will be 6 - 3.
SOOOO.... I am hoping the early start will help avoid some traffic.

Two words man, Tra. - Ffic. hahah

My uncle commutes from Fredericksburg to Arlington for work, +/- 50 miles that takes him close to two hours to do.

Sounds like you landed a sweet job in DC though, good luck man!:thumbsup:

Oh, and driving around Orlando is not much of a picnic either. I live 20miles from the airport and it takes me near an hour to get to work in the morning now.

What part of va r u movin to. Im a va state inspector here in va beach. The only rule here is if it came with it it most be there. Like if it came with four cats (like on mine) all four most still be there stock. Or after market. We done have a pipe sniffer like some states.
Now if the cats are hollow im not required to to look in them. Just see if they are " installed"

Haha, yeah, we really have no idea where yet.
I will be commuting into D.C though for work.
So, it can't be too far South or West.
I don't plan on getting carried away with any mods just wondered if it was anything really strict.
I have heard of some people in various states having to put their factory exhausts and air intake kits back on everytime they require an inspection.

Haha, yeah, we really have no idea where yet.
I will be commuting into D.C though for work.
So, it can't be too far South or West.
I don't plan on getting carried away with any mods just wondered if it was anything really strict.
I have heard of some people in various states having to put their factory exhausts and air intake kits back on everytime they require an inspection.

yea here its more on safty. Tire, brakes, lights ,air bags and so on

Back