My 3" body lift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 3" body lift

Its a beginning.A 3" body lift combined with the torsion twist lift. It sure was a P.I.T.A. to raise the bumpers, being the first time for me.
I had to remove the message center I installed a couple of months ago so that my 5-speed shifter had enough room to shift. I suppose I will have the MC for sale at some point!
I have some 15x8 rims that need some 33's to fill in the now empty fender wells.
I do like the new look!
A front skid plate would be a plus now..!! projects, projects.....

The first pic is before the lift...

Attachments

• PIC0033.jpg
    PIC0033.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 918
  • PIC0051.jpg
    PIC0051.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,066
  • PIC0049.jpg
    PIC0049.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 996

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks..the thread should say.. Another Body Lift...lol..

looks good, what size tires you gonna run? or are you gonna keep those ones

what size tires are those now? i want to do a b/l also but dont have the money to move up to 33's. I have 2in TT with shackles and im running ~32x10.50, so im not sure if that would have too much of a wheel gap. By the way, looking really good!

Looks Good

Your lift came out really good. It actually looks like more than just a 3 inch body lift. The rear looks like it has a bit of lift in it?? Does it have extended shackels on it.? :thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments... I am running 31 x10.5 x 15's now and want to put some 33's on. I have a an extra set of steel 15x8 rims I will use also.
The rear is lifted using air shocks right now but I am switching to longer shackles and leafs from a four door explorer!

That is one sharp Sport. What else have you got in the works?

Looks good. Those 31s don't look half bad with that lift, but the 33s with obviously look much better. The spare tire carrier fits the look of the truck much better now. :cool:

Thanks again for the comments...I kept catching my foot on the door jamb at first because of the new height, and almost kinda fell into the X..ha..LOL.
Rookieshooter....I am planning to fab a prerunner/bull guard style front bumper,nerf bars,skid plate, diff guards, maybe regear but not really sure on that yet, twin lockers(front and rear). I really do not want to take away the everyday driver capability at this point in time. Thanks for asking!!!

...i had the same prob..i had to use the running board to get in the frist time after i got the BL done..lol

Looks good. :)

Looks great. What kit did you use? I'm about ready to do this to my 00' sport. i picked up a PA kit for a 94'. Any problems with the steering extension? if not which one did you use?

Looks good Dakota, I just installed the BL on my 97 sport, and I too need to go up to 33's, but my 32's look alright for now. What kind of rubber are you considering? I have the mtr's right now, but might go with the baja claw radials next. Good work, and I envy your tire carrier.

You can extend the shifter linkage so that you can still use your message center.

did you decide if you're going to keep the message center? If not, i might be interested

Back