still having start up problems when hot | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

still having start up problems when hot

jdoja520

Reaction score
City, State
sierra vista az
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 xlt
93 4.0 so far ive replaced the fuel pump, filter, crank sensor, fpr , inertia, pump relay, injectors, and it still wont start when hot have to wait 1to 3 hours to restart. I also looked into the wire between fuse and pump relay good the one thing i notice is air in the fuel line but I cant find any leeks still no engine light please help

I'm also having the same exact problem. Any help would be awesome!

Try cycling the key on and off a few times leave it on tell the pump stops making any noise then do it again with out trying to start it do this like I said two or three time then try starting it on the third time if it now runs the problem could well be a bad check valve in the fuel pump letting the gas drain back to the tank and not holding any pressure. If it dose start then do a fuel pressure check both static run and holding see what you have. It’s not uncommon to get bad parts even when new have had that with FPR before.

I had a similar issue. Changed out the fuel pump relay (3 prong square box on the passenger side where your main fuses are). You could switch out the relay from the ac. Turned out the relay was bad after it warmed up.

Back