• Register Today It's free!

Stock Alarm problem, need help

elcapitanmas

Reaction score
City, State
Coventry Ct
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 xlt
So I'm having a problem with my stock alarm. If I lock and set the alarm it will randomly go off when it wants to. If I just lock the doors, the alarm will go off when it wants to. I was messing around with it last night and noticed when I lock the doors with the remote, and then unlock, my front passenger door doesn't unlock, seems the locking mechanism gets stuck. Could this be the culprit? Each time I tested it, when I set the alarm it would beep twice, Im assuming thats because the alarm was sensing a problem with the front passenger door.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think one of your door sensors is malfunctioning. The system thinks one of the doors is opening and setting off the alarm. The two beeps happens to me when I set the alarm before closing the doors.

thats kind of what I was figuring, and Im hoping its the passenger door, yesterday while I was driving the door ajar light came on a couple times even though all the doors were obv closed. can anyone point me in the direction of where the sensor is located? Im assuming somewhere on the door ridge, and then also something inside the door panel.

YOUR THE MAN MERC, thanks alot, will try the wd40 first and tear into it tommorow if it doesnt work.

well it was the rear passenger door, tested it as mentioned above, and the alarm didn't sound. Tried the wd 40, didn't work so I'll be ordering the part and replacing it. Now when I look at the direct ford part page, they list the right side, as being 2x as much as the left, does this make any sense? You would think that the passenger side would be the 15 dollar part instead of over 30 Thanks again for the help

send them an email. they're usually good about answering stuff like that.

silverstatefordparts.com and tascaparts.com are good too.

ordered the part from silver state ford, they sent the right one, thank god. Thanks again for the write and pictures, took less than 20 minutes to do and it solved the door ajar problem as well as the alarm problem.

E

Back