• Register Today It's free!

Stock Audio

MWatkins215

Reaction score
City, State
Canton, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Sport
I just have a quick question...I have a 99 Sport and want to keep the stock radio and cd changer but was just wondering if there was a way to hook an amp and sub up to it? Thanks for the help

Yes! there actually is. i did it myself and hooked up a couple 12s in the back. I have a 97 XLT so it might be a little different cause u have only 2 doors. I myself was trying to do what your doing for the longest time and i couldnt figure it out. So i got it professionally done. After looking at what he did, i thought it was pretty simple. All he did was this:
1) split on of the speaker wires. One end should be coming from the cd player and then it should be split so one end is going to the speaker and one is going towards your amp.
2) With this end that goes toward your amp, hook it up to an adapter. I forgot what the adapter was called but after lunch ill let you know. This adapter converts the 2 speaker wires and an RF connection.
3) then plug your RF connection into the amp and then all u need to do is hook up the power.
From my analysis of the setup, thats what it looked like he did. However since i didnt do it myself, i suggest a second opinion as well just to be safe. :)

its called an adjustable output operator.

cd envelope?

:confused: cd envelope? My 97 xlt v8, 5.0...shows on the face of the radio, a cd button and and skip button for a cd player but,...There is not a cd envelope in the middle console...How would I put one in?
Thanks!

Back